It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:42 pm 
Bengal Cat

Hi there,

Lovely smelly noisy Enzo (trying to nibble my necklace/ring/mouse/whatever else is there as we speak) has made a tornado-like entrance last Sat... I promise to send pics once I master the art of taking pics of flying objects :)

I started gradually introducing him to Chloe who is 3 yrs (and with us for about two weeks), and so far she is not impressed... She hisses and growls at him when he comes too close, and jumps to high places to escape him.
He on the other hand doesn't seem scared, he wants to play etc., goes for her food, but when he does she hisses then goes away... I take him away cos it's adult food anyway but he comes back again and again, and Chloe just lets him... so is he on the way to becoming top cat?

I always assumed being older and the first arrived that she would be top cat but maybe it's just a question of personality?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It was exactly the same with my moggy kittens and my adult Bengal when I introduced them two weeks ago. I guess with the kittens the lack of fear is youthful innocence whereas the adults have developed the instincts to be wary of anything or anyone new. It's taken 2 weeks but things have settled down now - Dolly still uses her size advantage to get out of their way but it doesn't seem to be because she's scared of them now, more that she's fed up with them :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:42 pm 
Bengal Cat

Yup it's strange and quite cute - he just lounges at her and gets a slap, then starts again... he's also decided that playing with her tail is just as good as playing with a piece of string...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Cecile wrote:
Yup it's strange and quite cute - he just lounges at her and gets a slap, then starts again... he's also decided that playing with her tail is just as good as playing with a piece of string...

Can't blame him really - string doesn't twitch as well as a tail does :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:54 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

its just about exactly the same with ollie and goblin, she wont use her strength to push him out the way when he is diving headfirst into her food bowl, and he seems totally unconcerned when she swats at him,

we have got some non-angry nosetouching going on now that he has returned from being snipped at the vet, definately an improvement.

i dont think they have fully worked out who is "topcat" yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:21 pm 
Bengal Cat

Same here, we see small improvements every day but no clear topcat yet...