[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Some confusion about registering a kitten
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:30 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello all. I'm trying to get around to registering Puck (and bless him, the paperwork from the breeder must have a scent to it because everytime I bring it out he is ALL over it), but I'm embarrasingly not sure... HOW to actually do it. I was instructed to go through TICAs online service, but when I made account there's just... nothing. No options at all for me to do anything with. It says I'm just at "visitor level" because I'm not a TICA member, but I didn't think you had to be a member to register a kitten. What am I doing wrong? I have the Breeder Slip with his litter ID and his parent's IDs.

A second confusion -- looking at his paperwork, the name "Goldendots" is already filled in on his name. I understand that this is where the cattery's name goes, but his cattery was not Goldendots. I can't even find anything about Goldendots through google. What is going on with that?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I've been on TICA's website a lot and the online registration appears to be for breeders and members only. The best thing is to go through the mail or you can email them at their executive offices and ask your questions.

The cattery prefix is always already on the blue registration paper. GOLDENDOTS is a TICA registered cattery. I just checked. I would not be too concerned -- so many catteries swap out cats. They truly move from breeder to breeder. The important thing is the parents pedigreed names and registration numbers are on the piece of paper. Your kitty will have the GoldenDots prefix because it's on the registration paper. You simply select your name for your cat. There will be no cattery suffix because your cat is not going to a breeder for breeding purposes.

GoldenDots apparently is no longer breeding. Their Facebook page ends with an entry from 2015. Cazpurr mentions GoldenDots as an excellent breeder with a link to a website that is no longer active. The prefix is simply for TICA's use only and official pedigreed name for your kitty.

Also, I noticed your post October 31 in another part of the forum, you asked about the TICA cattery listing. Here is the link to the pdf file: https://www.tica.org/pdf/cattery/cattery.pdf

Have you given me the pedigreed names and registration numbers of the parents so I can check to see if they are in my database?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:52 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

That's what confuses me... neither of his parents prefixes are GoldenDots -- but I know the breeder said that his mother was from another breeder. Would that mean that she was essentially "... of Goldendots?"

His sire is Aspengold Moon Shadow and his dam is Paintedcats Dotties Gem.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ironically, PaintedCats Dotties Gem was listed on their Facebook page. I'm nor familiar with AspenGold Moon Shadow. Normally, the litter will take the name of the dam -- if the cat were going to a breeder, the cat would be PaintedCats (insert name of cat) Of GoldenDots. That means the cattery that bred the kitten was PaintedCats and the cat is going to GoldenDots.

Your case is different in some way. I don't have a single GoldenDots cat in my database and neither of the parents are in there as well. Considering there are probably 200,000 registered bengals in the world, I may have 1/4 of them in my database. Breeders do have weird arrangements, sometimes. Since the blue registrations come from TICA, I wouldn't question the validity of GoldenDots.

When you register your kitty, you can purchase a 3 or 5 generation pedigree. The website for AspenGold has no pedigree information -- some of their studs and queens list parents, but not all. Even a 3-generation pedigree should take me back to where I have a cat in my database. A 5-generation pedigree has over 60 cats listed. A pedigree may help answer your questions about the parents/grandparents, etc. You can always ask the breeder if they have pedigrees on the parents.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:51 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yeah, I just find it confusing. I expected him to be an Aspengold baby, that is his breeder. Would you like the whole pedigree when I get it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:45 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am having the same problem.. Just visitor... Going to try mailing it in. I wanted go register online because my writing sucks and it already looks messy to me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I absolutely would love a copy of a pedigree -- a pedigree on any of the bengals here. Make sure you make a copy of everything you are sending to TICA in case something happens in the mail.

tamberav, you can type up a note to go with the registration papers if you think TICA won't be able to read it. They are really nice people over there. It takes about 3 weeks to get the registration back. If you order a pedigree, it should come with the paperwork.

Just post when either of you gets a pedigree and I will PM you my email address. The more bengals in my database, the better and I can tell you the F generation of your bengal and the ALC that started it all for your kitty!

I can't find out where GoldenDots is from. AspenGold is in Colorado and it appears both breeders may have worked together. Many breeders co-own cats which is where this may come into play. You will never call your cat by GoldenDots .... Raiden's cattery is Belladonna! He is Belladonna Prince Raiden -- but we only call him Raiden. LOL