[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Cat Wheels
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cat Wheels
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:27 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ok so i have another question. Just want to first say that i absolutely love this site and all the tips and advice I get from all of you! I was looking at cat wheels here in Switzerland where I live. They all cost between 500-1000Franks. But the thing is I don't know what kind of wheel I would need. They have different sizes. I saw one that is 1meter..now I think that would be ok. But is one wheel enough for two cats? Is the cat wheel something one should have or not? We go for daily walks and at home they play alot. Does a cat wheel sound when they use it? Like the annoying sound of a hamster wheel in the night. My girls don't sleep through the whole night that's why I am asking. Any pros and cons to a cat wheel,besides that you need some space? Must I feel bad if I don't get them one?

Post subject: Re: Cat Wheels
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have One Fast Cat wheel. It's not all that secure and derails when my cat gets up speed. Plus it is really big and black so it stands out like a sore thumb. There is a much better style white wheel I have seen on FB. It sits securely in the base and looks much more appealing. Of course it costs more, but a toy like this is going to be around a few years so I think it's worth the extra money now that I have purchased the cheaper, flimsier one. One of my cats will not set foot on the wheel, but the other one hops on daily and trots a little to get my attention. They do make noise, sort of a whooshing sound. I have mine in my bedroom so I hear her go on it at night or early in the morning. They were so crazy as kittens I thought it sounded like a good idea. By the time it finally arrived, they were much older, and I had a hard time assembling it. Some of the pieces arrived broken so it sat around half assembled for a while until replacement parts arrived. I don't think having the public do the assembly of your product is a good idea when there are so many tight fitting pieces. You are not going to get the same result twice. Are the pieces warped or different sizes? Is the problem with the assembly? Who knows, but receiving a fully assembled wheel that works the same for everyone is better in my opinion. Would I buy OFC wheel again? Probably not.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have the One Fast Cat wheel and believe, for the price, it's worth the money. I was part of the Kickstarter campaign. Raiden does not "run" on it. He just leisurely walks on it. The wheel does wobble a little, but I have it on tile in front of the fireplace (which we never use). The wheel is 48" in diameter, which is about the minimum you need in order for the cat not to wrench his back from the circular arc of the wheel. It is very much like a large hamster wheel and it makes noise. Raiden has occasionally hopped on in the middle of the night and wakes us up. He seems to get on it when he has excess energy he needs to wear off. I've seen videos of multiple cats on it at the same time. The wheels are large and take up some space. Bengals do seem to love them and it is a hoot to watch them on the wheel. If you have the space and the money and you think you can entice your cats to use it, by all means get one. Sometimes it's better than watching TV.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:10 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

May i ask how much one fast cat wheels cost? I think there is no way we can order such a large item from the states. We would have the money but the main problem is space unfortunatly. I have no idea where we could put it. But if it is a must have for bengals i would have to make a plan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

There is a dealer in Europe for the wheel: http://onefastcat.com/index.php/dealers

I paid $199 through Kickstarter and I believe they were going to charge $249 or $299 after that. How that converts to Francs, I don't know, but I gave you the link to the page with the info on the dealer in Europe and you can contact them. Raiden already used his wheel this morning.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:45 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks Sherry! It costs half of what they want for the wheels made here in Switzerland. But i guess the shipping price might cost alot because there is no seller in Switzerland. I will contact them and ask for an offer. For the mean time I will have to see where I could make space for a wheel.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Actually, it doesn't take up a lot of space. I have very little wall space due to a lot of windows, so it sits in front of the fireplace right now. We don't use the fireplace, so it's safe. I was trying to upload a photo, but says the file is too big. I've been adding pictures from my phone with no problem before. Oh well! I'll try again later.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think I finally got a picture yesterday that is not too large to attach. They've obviously changed the max. size photo you can attach because I've had zero problems in the past with a very large photo:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:58 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

It looks so cool! We are trying to figure out where we could put one.The other thing i didnt even think about was the kids..knowing my son he will try go on it. He broke our first cat tree because he climbed on it..i never even thought of telling him not to. But when we got the other two we told him not to climb on it. Ok to be honest if i would fit in a wheel like that i think i wouldnt be able to resist trying it out :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Someone did post a video of their toddler on the wheel! It was really super cute, too. All you need is a 4' wall space. And it is easily moved so you can store it. Raiden hopped on his three times yesterday.