It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:33 am 
Bengal Kitten

I have purchased a beatiful f3 bengal kitten from a reputable breeder after a lot of thinking and researching. I have purchased many bengals in the past and i feel it is the right time to take up the challenge. I have had him for a week and i am seeing signs of improvements in his temperament. He is 19 weeks old. I have moved him to a room which isnt busy and i try not to bother him during the day as he is still going through the nervous faze. He lets me pet him but doesnt like it when we get too close unless he is feeling like it. My issue is he refuses to regularly use his litter tray. I previously bought him the wrong litter which i changed but he rarely uses the tray.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your baby. When you say "wrong litter box" exactly what do you mean? Open, hooded? First of all, your little one is going through a huge change in environment. Be patient! It bears repeating -- BE PATIENT! You don't need to be locking him away in a room and just leaving him there. He needs to start bonding with you, so you need to be in there petting, talking to him, playing with him. If he is your only cat, you can take him to another room and play with him. You should be using the type of litter box and litter the breeder used for him. I'm sure the little guy is scared, so just give him time. He will acclimate at his own pace.