[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Satisfying the Bengal's high exercise needs...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:11 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi! I'm new here, so I'll begin by introducing myself. I became really interested in Bengal cats several years ago and brought home my first Bengal kitten in October 2012. His name is Jasper. In addition, I also have a American Shorthair named Mollie and a Border Collie named Tessa. I'm really into clicker training - if you like to see cute pets doing tricks, please check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/clickerpets

Over my sophomore and junior years of high school, I didn't have a lot of time to satisfy Jasper's need for physical and mental stimulation so he got to be kind of destructive. My parents don't allow me to have him outside my room without being supervised. I clicker train him, bring him on walks and let him hang out in the crate outside. We will be setting up an outdoor run for him too. But what else can I do to keep his mind busy? I'm also interested if anyone has toy recommendations. Thanks!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Jasper is gorgeous! Keeping up with a bengal's high energy level can be challenging. You take him for walks, which is wonderful. Do you also have a cat tree or climbing shelves for Jasper? Most bengals love wand toys (mine just loves the wand). There are so many options out there. Bengals love to chase and jump.

A cat run is a great thing, just make sure there is a sheltered area for him. I think a lot of the problem is that Jasper is holed up in one room of the house a good part of the time and he is not allowed to be the cat that he is! Bengals love human interaction and want to be WITH people! It appears Mollie has the run of the house when she may be more inclined to enjoy a single area and let Jasper have the run of the house. Your cats have totally different energy levels.

I don't think people realize until they get a bengal just how active and how much attention they require (or demand). You've got a stunning kitty. I hope at some point, you're able to allow him the run of the house to enjoy. He deserves it!