It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Feeding
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:35 am 
Senior Bengal

I have just posted in the discussion bit about my bengals acting strangley with the full moon. Over the last week they both seemed to have gone off their food, i would normally feed them two pouches 3times a day and dry food. This is what my breeder recommended to us but she did say that it would go to less eventually. They will be one next month. I have tried to cut them down to twice a day but they still dont eat all the food! They would normally eat and eat everything in sight! I have also tried to change brands to see if that is it. I mean they are eating, but much more slower than before some mornings i come down and there is still a bit of food left. How often do you feed your bengals? Should i get them checked over? I am on a very tight budget due to personal reasons and as you may have read i have also just paid money out i cant afford on vets bills but will be willing to max my visa card for my babies if anyone thinks it is essential they be checked over :cry: They are drinking plenty of water and eating dry food and are VERY lively, any advice would be appreciated. :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:45 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

If they are drinking and eating dry food and acting fine, don't worry about it. My cats dont eat too much wet food. The get one thing of wet to share at night and they wont eat it all... Only reason why I give it to them is because they wont go to sleep without it... Same with my dogs. I mix some wet with the dry at night and then they go to sleep. If they don't have wet they will cry until they get it.. I should have never started that... lol :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:11 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

like rhiannon said, if they are eating & drinking & playing, i wouldn't worry.

i think you have on your hands a couple of rare lesser-known werebengals :lol: :lol: :lol: watch out for them howling....

Post subject: food
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:42 am 
Bengal Kitten

My bengal doesn't eat much either. Let's just say that when she's full you can force another pellet in her mouth. The vet suggests 1/2 cup a day. That way you put out fresh food in the morning and and check how much was consumed in the evening. What kind of food do you feed your baby?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:11 pm 
Senior Bengal

sorry for late reply :oops: i feed them tesco own pouches and dry food but i am pleased to say that they are now eating fine i feed them two pouches in morning and only one at lunch and two at dinner time and keep dry food down all day and they are now eating nicely! they just worry you sometimes dont they? :roll: But this seems to be working better now just giving them one at lunch so all good :P Thanks for all your help.