[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Bengal goes WILD at times
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:58 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello everyone, I am new to the site but really glad I found it since we are all interested in this special breed. I have 2 Bengals that are about 6 months different in age. the older and bigger one is probably about a year old now, so that obviously puts the other at around 6-7 months old.
okay, I did a lot of research about the Bengal cat and had multiple conversations with the breeder and interacted with her cats for about 3 months before buying one. originally I actually adopted an older female. so so sweet and only wanted to lay in my lap at all times and I did like her but she had an ongoing problem on refusing to use the liter box. I just couldn't handle the mess in my house everyday anymore and returned her. I then bought my oldest cat Apollo who is freaking awesome. he is SO smart and talks to (and back to) me. he is playful when he wants to be and a handful when im not paying attention. he opens, drawers, doors, cabinets, the water in the sink even and then lays in it like its a bath.
he is large as far as Bengals go, about 13lbs. so I have said all this to ask about this....
HE GOES WILD! He will stand straight up with his back arched, tail poofed like a raccoon, paws spread out, eyes wide, and makes the weirdest sounds. while doing this he is looking for anything he can pounce on and demolish. when he was younger and he did this I attempted to approach him and he growled and then ran up my front side and then down my back side while scratching the hell out of me. since that day I just let him be while he does this. since he is so big now I am afraid of him when he does it.
has anyone else experienced this from their own? please share on what I can do to....idk I guess calm him down..
both of them are well trained and listen to me, I am home most of the day and spend a good amount of time with playing and loving and my kids think they have leopards for pets. haha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Lily does this too. She's just playing. She will also run up and down the house in a crazy fur up race with herself. I think they just find it good fun.

Welcome to the forum! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:52 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

My Bengal is almost 7 years old and still goes wildly crazy at times, but not that often.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:19 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello!

My kitty does this too- it is my girl's way of telling me it is play time! I usually pull out Da Bird and wear her out. I believe the craziness is just extra energy.

http://www.amazon.com/GoCat-Apart-Feath ... B000F9JJJE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:08 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Totally agree - hes just feeling like he could hunt something!!! It's only scary if he thinks any part of your body is the bit to hunt/play with. Playing with Da Bird and similar toys is what I do when they get the wild thing going on inside.

All the best.