[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - More Questions
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: More Questions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:11 am 
Senior Bengal

Post subject: Re: More Questions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:11 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

If they are FIV and feline leukemia free it can take six weeks for most other minor illnesses to surface. I would recommended getting them both checked out at the vet for fleas, ear mites, and parasites before you even think about introducing them. I wait until they get an ok checkup from the vet and are comfortable with their new litter boxes, food, and people.

I have found that introducing cats on neutral ground like a room that is enclosed but neither have been in works the best. Short sessions of ten to fifteen minutes and then back to their respective territories. Activities together like playing, eating treats, and eating meals together can help.

I think you have a great plan regarding the safe rooms. I always look at the safe rooms as a place for them to get used to the sounds of the house and the people in it and a way to bond with you. I would have you and your kids go into the rooms and talk, pet, play with, etc. the kittens. With timid cats, I have just sat and read or checked e-mail until they come to me. Again, short sessions will help them not get overwhelmed and give everyone a chance to build a relationship with the new kittens.

To warn you, once the kittens realize there is another kitten in the house, they may get very loud and chatter back and forth. Kittens tend to get along quicker than adults though, so hopefully that phase will be short for you. The quickest, easiest introductions for me have been with kittens. If you get them one at a time, problem-solving will be easier. If you get them at the same time, you can knock out all the new kitten madness at once. I think that is up to you.

How exciting!! :)