[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Help :( scared if this goes on ill have to get rid of one!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My two cats have not been getting along at all and mostly ailura being the angry one will viciously growl at Lilith whenever she is within 2 metres and it upsets me because they used to get along fine but no reason the past 2 weeks ailura non stop grumpy! Took them to the vets and no problems could be found, vet blamed it on stress from unknown source and gave me feliway.. 3 days of feliway and they seem a little more relaxe but ailura still very grumpy at lilith. Don't know what else to do? How to make them love each other again.....?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I agree, I would separate them and start over again! I was actually worried this would happen when you didn't introduce them the right way! I got Jasper right around the same time that you added Lilith, They have had fight and are still to this day trying to figure each other out! It is a SLOW process with cats and it is a "sensitive" situation that needs to be treated as such! Why do you want to rehome one of them this soon? It has only been a couple of weeks that they have been not getting along! Give it time and reintroduce! Another thing is, you attitude towards the situation can make all of the difference! If you are upset and frustrated about this, they will pick up on it and make things worse! Usually if I am in a bad mood BB will take it out on Jasper! I know, sounds crazy but she is very in tune with how I am feeling and Ailura may very well be the same with you! Just food for thought!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I don't believe it's because I introduced them wrong and I cannot seperate them .. They are indoor but they look out the window and there is usually another cat (neighbours) always in the yard that they see.. In just going to give them more time hopefully things will work themselves out

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:17 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Owned by:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:15 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

To put it bluntly, I'm not sure why you even bother asking the helpful members of this forum for advice. You never follow it, ever.

Time and time again you've come on here with your issues, asking for assistance, then you shut down everyone who tries to help you.

You've been having issues with your original cat for months, then you decided to introduce a new cat to the mix and you wonder why things aren't hunky dory? Really?

Maybe it would be best if you got rid of one of your cats, or maybe you should get rid of both of them and try again when you're more mature and more willing to listen to people who give good advice.

I wish your cats all the luck in the world, because it sounds like they need it.

Oh and in case your memory needs refreshing, because I have no doubt you'll plead innocence, here's a reminder:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18363&p=212301#p212301

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18364&p=212312#p212312

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18257&p=211319#p211319

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16455

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:54 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have to agree with what everyone else has said, especially Fenstar... Sorry, but it's just the blunt truth. It's baffling why you would come looking for advice from a forum of highly dedicated, and in most cases highly experienced Bengal owners, yet not ever want to follow any of the advice that's given... Are we supposed to use 'reverse psychology' and tell you to do all the wrong things assuming you'll just do the opposite? :confused:

Personally I would do what others have said, and try to reintroduce them properly, giving them time. Also I would continue to use the Feliway - as long as it's not creating any negative effects that you can tell, it could be helping, even if only a little. I have used it in the past for similar issues and it seemed to improve everyone's mood to a degree so I do think it's worth it. It might also help if you can do something about the cat(s) lingering in your yard, as that may also just be adding on to their stress.

It will take work and dedication on your part to help things move along smoothly. If you're not willing to put in the effort and really help your cats live happily, it may just be best to rehome... And I only say that because in that case, that's what would be best for the cats. Imo it wouldn't be fair to force them to live together unhappily and always stressed/fighting if you can't figure out a way to solve the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:24 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

To be honest I think you are all crazy insane human beings that never look at alternative options and you all jump to the worst conclusions. ; it may just be best to rehome.." HOW CAN YOU MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT BASED PURELY OFF WHAT IVE WRITTEN YOUVE NEVER SEEN OR MET MY CATS YOU CANNOT JUDGE THEIR CONDITIONS BASED OFF MY POSTS

obviously the only times i post on here is when there is an issue, so all of my posts will obviously be asking for help. my cats aren't PERFECT I'm sure neither are yours, isn't that why we are all on this forum!?

Ill have you know that for a straight 4 months they were both fine and happy with each other they would lick each other groom each other sleep next to each other, I'm fairly sure they had both settled in properly then, you cannot tell me that i didn't introduce them properly and that is why they are acting like this, i know my cats better than you do and I have no doubts that the introducing problem was not a part of why ailura has stress issues. they are sitting within 1 meter of each other now, happily relaxed near the heater. things are getting better with feliway, its only when there is food around that ailura gets grumpy now.

please do not talk to me as though you are all right and I'm wrong, because perhaps we are all wrong, but i know you guys are definitely not right about them being introduced.

stop giving me rude comments like that, i do take your advice into consideration and appreciate it however as i said, i take it into CONSIDERATION and just because i don't act upon your suggestions does not mean I'm "shutting you all down" I believe you guys are being rude here "i wish your cats all the luck in the world because it sounds like they need it" how inappropriate - they're both happy cats I'm sure if you ever met them you'd know. stop with the conclusions.

thank-you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:44 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:15 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

ailurophile

There really does come a time when we have to step back and ask ourselves the question is what we are doing at the moment working? You came on here because you know it isn't and you asked for help and you were worried you might have to rehome one of your cats - yes?

Then listen to the members - no one is saying you are rubbish useless clueless but what they are saying is that if you want and need help there is a point in time when you have to listen and take stuff on board. You might not agree with the advice - but what other option do you have? What is it going to hurt to try it? We have all done things wrong in life and with our cats - thought that we knew best but then you can guarantee someone else has been there, done that, and come through the other side using advice or a suggestion that they didn't even think would be worth it and they've learnt from it. That's all that is happening here - no one is saying they are perfect but you have to be open to suggestions otherwise what's the point in asking?

All anyone wants is for you and your cats to be happy and lead a happy stressfree life - I'm sure that's what you want too.

So honestly....stop being defensive, and taking stuff as a slight - open your ears....and give the the members a chance to help you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:13 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:37 am 
Bengal Kitten

I don't have my fluffy yet. He's still growing with his mother and littermates, but...I have been trying to gather all of the information that I can. I've been flipping through this forum, watching My Cat From Hell, watching trainer tips, cautionary videos, and reading anything/everything that I can, so that way...when he comes, if he's unhappy, I can (try to) fix it. I can't tell you what to do with your cats, but the title of your post makes it seem as though you're very aware of Ailura's displeasure.

I don't think it's fair to snap at people that are trying to help you--both of you. There are literally hundreds of other things that they could each be doing at this moment instead. But they dedicated their time and knowledge to you. Before you accuse me of being mean to you and judging you, that's not the case. I just don't think you should shoot yourself in the foot. Just listen and try.

Good luck. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Honestly this is all a little INSANE!! Why is it such a big deal to seperate two cats? You might live in an apartment and it might be small but if it came down to it I would find a way for my cats to be happy! Even if that meant putting one in the bathroom as a safe room! I have had to seperate BB and Jasper for a few days because they started fighting! After three days completely away from one another they were going nuts to see each other again! I let the slowly start spending more time together ( like the beginning) and now they are fine again!! Will they ever fight again, yeah I am sure of it! Cats may not be like humans but in one sense I believe they are! If you spend 24/7 with someone will you eventually get tired and need a break from them? YES!!!! Why are cats expected to be any different? When I took in Jasper I asked myself a thousand times if I would do WHATEVER it takes to make it work! Have you asked the same of yourself? If you can't take a simple step by seperating them, then your heart is not in the right place! I am not tryin to be rude or judge you but I am simply basing my statements off of your statements! I honestly think you need to grow to respect animals! I am not sure what age you are but it seems your not really getting what respect is!!! When you take in an animal you give it your all or nothing!! If you can't give it your all, rehome!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat