[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - How to introduce two cats???
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:48 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh Dear - YOU ARE SOOOO UNDER THE THUMB! :clapping: :dance4: :laugh2:

He is gorgeous BTW!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks Jo!!!! I think I am too :mrgreen: I am now managed by not only one but two! This will be a journey to see how it works out! I was pretty relieved to see that Jasper and BB were playing with each other through the door last night, and NOOOO HISSING!!! BB was rather upset when I closed the gap in the door so I could go to bed :rolleyes: she followed me down the hallway telling me all about it :biggrin: She kept me up howling until about 1 this morning! She finally settled down and was asleep in front of his door when I woke this morning, and he was asleep on the other side :mrgreen: it was cute and kinda got my hopes up a little that they are going to be ok! Keeping my fingers crossed that contiues over the next 1-2 weeks so intros go smoothly~!~

So tomorrow I introduce my kids :eek: My four year old cat fanatic has already been in there, he sat on the couch while I was cooking last night and played a few games on my phone. I told him to ignore Jasper and act like he wasn't there and that would make him like him :biggrin: lucky me he will do ANYTHING to make an animal like him! The other ones on the other hand might not be so easy :eek: :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

UPDATE: things have been going really well! Better than I would have ever expected :biggrin: Jasper has settled really well, he got to visit with all of the kids and was PERFECT with them, playing with Dabird and headbutts and belly rubs :biggrin: All of them were really well behaved, other than my little one coming back in the room after going to the bathroom. When he came back in he let BB slip in with him :eek: :eek: Needless to say I got a little nervous and calmly got up to take her out. Before I could get to her, Jasper did!!!! :exclaim: He ran straight to her and they took off out of the door :eek: chaising each other up and down the hall way and rolling around like two mad cats. No hissing, no swatting, no fighting just pure play :biggrin: :biggrin: Imagine how happy I was :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: After about 30 minutes of playing they started to calm down and actually smell each other. BB was a little umcomfortable with him being in her business and let out a hiss and that was it! She then jumped on her cat tree and he followed. I know this was ALL WRONG!!!!! It is not how I had planned for it to happen and honestly when it was all said and done I sat down and almost had a panic attack thinking about the "what if" :fool: But it all worked out well. The only thing that was a little uncomfortable was when he started to get off the tree he spooked BB and she let out the loudest "roar" is what it sounded like! It was the most wild thing I have ever heard. She curled back up in her bed and went back to sleep. Here are a few pics after they calmed down!

TO ANYONE READING THIS AS INFORMATION ON INTRODUCING CATS: I have thought about this for hours on end and I was really,really lucky!!! I slipped once and let my guard down. I know how it could have ended and I woud have been devastated! So would my pets!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:23 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Congrats on the accidental meeting. Hopefully now that that has happened the next one will be even smoother :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:44 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I hope so!!!! I opened his door for a short time today and BB just sat there and watched him play! She would let out a little "mew" like why aren't you playing with me!!! After I shut the door they were both there loudly protesting but I'm not going to push it!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:16 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I feel the same way introducing the little ones to the house, they want to run downstairs and be all over, but I want to make sure they are ok with finding their way back to the box first.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:28 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I let BB out of her safe room after a few days but she was very confident!!!i only let her explore a little at a time tho! First was the hallway, then the living room, and then the rest of the rooms! If she was in the living room I would move her box out of the bedroom a little so she could see it down the hall. She never had an accident and since I have moved her box a few times and she has always found it! That is one thing she is possessive over :rolleyes: Jasper used her box when he was in here and I had to go clean it IMMEDIATELY!! That worried me a little that she wouldn't use it again, so I brought an extra one I purchased in the bathroom but it was still clean this morning! Maybe she only aggravates the crap out of me when I am cleaning it! Or maybe she is trying to help :mrgreen: when I scoop she digs and the process continues until I am done :rolleyes: it takes about ten minutes to clean her box because of her big butt!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:06 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

lol, that sounds adorable. Our 2 try to get in the box with each other, so its a shoving match at the door.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:06 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am so happy that it went as well as it has, that is wonderful! Ours settled into our house reasonably quick, Cinder took longer, but Neko is very confident so no issues with her, Cinder has really come out of shell in the last 24 hours. It must be great relief for you that it has gone this well. I had to laugh about the litter tray, Neko loves it when I change theirs, almost tries to climb in and play :rolleyes:

Owned by Neko and Cinder
And a little white dog named Kasey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yes the litter :rolleyes: it is a challenge to tackle every morning! I did clean it out 2-3 times a day but it has become such a hassle that I(and BB) only clean it in the mornings now! I think the reason she didn't use the other one is because you only have to roll it and it traps the waste inside a container then you dump. So no scooping = no digging for BB= BB not using it :biggrin: That is how Jaspers box is in it is a BREEZE to clean!!!!

Yes I am thrilled at how well everything is working out! I can't believe it was this easy, I have been prepared for a war with them and just KNEW they would hate each other, and I would spend forever trying to get them to just live together without trying to destroy on another. I woke up an hour earlier than usual this morning so I could have some time with them when it was nice and quite, with no interuptions from kids and the dogs. I walked into his room and sat on the couch that is in there. I left the door open just to see what would happen and BB came in and jumped on the couch into my lap. They then proceeded to have a very in depth conversation, alot of meowing an chattering and BB was even chirrping at him. He then came up on the couch,SLOWLY, and came to sit on my lap too. So I had both of them curled up on me this morning for about 40 minutes. I have to say it was very nice and I really enjoyed it! Sadly I had to get up to wake my kids for school and get them dressed so I had to leave him when things were so peaceful :sad: I came back home and I opened his door and he came out and has been exploring the house for the last 2 hours. He of course went straight to B's litter box but decided to use the other one! THANKFULLY! No litter box drama this morning :mrgreen: Now he and BB are asleep on my sons bed, which is BB's bed too! That is where she sleeps everynight, thankfully he is in there too and I HOPE that they continue to sleep in there. My son would be heart broken if he didn't have his best buddy to snuggle with. So things are going really well.

Now for a question! Should I go buy more feliways? I have enough to last for two months but only in two rooms. I bought three diffusers and 6 of the refills. I now have two in the safe room since it is large,one on each end of the room and one is right at the door so when the door is open it should spread some,and I have one in the living room for BB! Should I add another to a room that covers the bedrooms or should I be ok? I thought once he is out of his room more I can take one out of there and put in the hall bathroom, where the litter boxs are and it is a central location to the bedrooms. They are supposed to cover up to 600 square feet, I believe is what it said. So three of them should cover most of our house, apart from the down stairs portion where BB never goes. That is the basement and three rooms that one my husband uses as work space, the other a work out room and the other storage. I don't see a need for them down there as the cats will rarely be down there, if at all! Also how long should I keep buying them! I know that are supposed to be great and I honestly believe they have helped A LOT! Two days after I added the second to Jaspers room is when he decided he had had enough of hiding and started coming around. Question is how long should I continue to get them? I will probably always keep one in the living room, just to help him continue to settle, but reality is they are EXPENSIVE! I can afford keeping on in stock but I cant see myself spending $150 dollars a month on refills :exclaim: :eek: :confused:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:51 pm 
Senior Bengal

Glad to see they are getting along. Love the pic in the cat tree together

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:00 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Glad it is all working out for you!!!

Regarding the Feliway... can you move the one in his room that is not near the stairs to somewhere else in a few days time? If you start to have any issues, move it back. If everything is okay then just keep them going in their communual areas for a month or so and gradually reduce the number. If you have issues, add them back in. I would buy a couple more refills jsut in case for now. You will always have them on hand if you don't have to use them and so if you have a sickly cat (hope never) they may come in handy or some other scenario.

Great stuff, really pleased for you all... and, he is stunning!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:04 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:20 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

1 atm upstairs as its the only place they can go right now, will be adding a temporary one downstairs once they are allowed down there, which is why I don't want them to run down there yet, its not a safe place for them to be (screws from construction and such) and no box.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:33 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next