[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - How to introduce two cats???
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:09 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks Fenstar and Elaine! I never really thought about the situation in the sense of kidnapping him :eek: but you are right!!! That is exactly what we did!!! I have just been going by the breeders advice and taking him our of the carrier or his hiding spot and petting him and grooming him. He loves to be brushed,so that is what I have been doing. He also likes being held and PURRRSSSS loudly when I take him out to hold him. So what you all are saying is that I shouldn't remove him from his hiding spot and just allow him to come out when he is ready? This is what I did last night. After my two boys went to sleep(the girls are at their mothers) I went into his room and just sat beside his cage talking to him for about an hour. Then I sat on the sofa in there and did some more researching on the lap top. After about 20 minutes of me sitting away from him he started to cry out. I went back to him and he rolled over and wanted me to rub his belly :eek: :biggrin: Imagine my delight!!! So I sat and pet him for a while longer before leaving the room. As soon as I left I heard him come out and I peeked in on him, he was on the couch curled up where I was sitting :sad: It was kinda sad! He wants to interact and he wants attention, I just don't know if he knows how to ask for it, or DEMAND it like BB does! I always take a trat of som sort in with me when I go visit, not thinking about it this morning I went in to clean his box and visit him before the kids woke up. He did inform me that I had forgot his treat :rolleyes: he yelled and mewed until I went back and got his chicken and then he was fine! After eating that he came out and went to his food bowl to have his breakfast!

So the suggestions are to leave him be and don't take him out of hiding,correct? So should I continue to take his treats with me and continue to reach in and pet him without removing him?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

ok scratch that!!! He has became a cat today :biggrin: He is out running around and playing! He is playing with his kicker now as I am typing. Something I did made him trust me! Now he is crying in his room and doesn't stop until I come in and he is sitting in my lap!!!! I am so excited guys I thought he was going to be the shy guy tucked away in his hiding spot forever. What a great feeling this is :biggrin: I knew in my heart I could help him and give him a good home. Only now I will hve to introduce him and BB but I am not doing that until he is 100% confident and so am I! Thanks again everyone! All of you advice has paid and possibly helped a cat more than you will ever know!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Awesome news!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks Noodle!!! I am very excited over his behavior today :biggrin: He is still a little shy around my husband but he hasnt been around him as much since he works 14 hour days! I think with time we will all be good! BB is even showing more interest in him today and has been screaming and scratching at the door to get down there. I have had to distract her with new toys to get her to give it a break!!! All is good and I look forward to our future more than ever now :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:03 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh, it sounds like it is all going really well. He certainly is making some great progress! I am so happy for you and Jasper :mrgreen:

Owned by Neko and Cinder
And a little white dog named Kasey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sounds like things are improving.

However, I'm not sure you've posted enough pictures yet :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:40 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:52 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm going to treat him the same other than eating up this new attention!!! My husband went in today and he was nervous but didn't shy away from him, so that was good! He tried to bribe him with a treat of raw, which is his favorite! He ate it and then came back to my lap :biggrin: I will post pictures later tonight of the MAJOR change!!!

BTW please don't say please forgive me or ask for forgiveness! If it wasn't for you guys I would have went about this the wrong way and I probably would have never had the confidence to take him in in the first place!!! I need people that will give it to me straight and I respect you for doing so! No harm done :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:55 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ha ha brilliant news chick. He's going to be a lovely boy. Just remember, work at his pace.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:06 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I know I am excited and RELIEVED is an understatement!!!! I was so worried how we would all cope with living with a terrified cat!!! Hopefully if all continues to go well I will start bringing my kids in after a few days and go from there!!! We will continue to work at his pace and keep his happiness and healthiness above all else!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:29 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ok so here is a quick timeline of Jaspers progress since yesterday.

Here he is yesterday morning when I went to feed him. Still very scared and nervous,but a little curious.

This is this morning when he was coming out to greet me :eek:

This is later afternoon when he decided to explore,FINALLY!

AND..... a little later wating me to rub his belly :biggrin: He still doesn't know how to react when I do rub his belly he tries to rabbit kick so I will not attempt that again for a while :surprised:

Sorry for the cell pics its the only camera I have at the moment! Thanks to my two year old and the dogs water :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:59 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

When cats show you their belly, it's a submissive/vulnerable pose, it means they trust you.
You don't have to pat them on the belly, not a lot of cats actually like this.
Just pat him where you would normally pat him and leave his belly alone!

I'm lucky, Alex loooooves having his belly rubbed. Tamika attacks me if I touch hers :lol:

He's very cute :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:12 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks Fenstar!!! I am growing attached to him already! When he rolls over I stroke his head or rub his chin now! I rubbed his belly because that is BB's favorite! She will throw herself at your feet and roll over for you to rub her tummy and when she is asleep you can walk by and she will roll like crazy :biggrin: its an automatic response for her. Jasper also rolled over in front of my son when we were at the breeders and we were all petting his belly and he didn't react like he did today. I will just let him keeping developing trust for us before I attempt it again!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next