It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Advice on markings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Evening All,

I have two male Bengals one brown and one white, the brown ones spots look like this...

Is that normal or a sign of poor breeding? I am concerned as we still haven't had the Pedigree Certificate from the Breeders and we have been chasing them for months now!

Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Gemma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

hi gemma,

the spots look nice & clear in contrast to the background. they won't rosette, but not all do, rosettes are just one particular possibility. there is nice "acreage" between the spots (good spacing imbetween), and they have clearly defined edges.

nicely marked, i would say, tho it's hard to tell without seeing the whole cat. were they sold to you as pets or as having breed/show potential? some breeders (myself included) will only forward the paperwork to you once you provide evidence of neutering, if the cat was sold only as pet quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

No not sold as pets at all. I asked them for the pedigrees again yesterday and was told again that he would ask his gf so the wait continues I really wanted them before the New Year :(

I have lots of photos of Moshi (Brown Spotted) and Indiana here:

http://www.chrisandgemma.com/pets/cat/photos/index.htm

Do any of those give a better idea of thier markings?

Thanks for your help :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

some beautiful pics there, & from what i can see i would say their markings were fine hun. were you given their registration or transfer slips when you got them? if so, you can get hold of the pedigrees yourself from the GCCF, but it's very naughty of your breeder to keep you waiting. they should have been provided at the time of sale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:04 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

No they gave us nothing I even had to chase them for the Vaccination Card for Indiana. I'm not sure what I can do about it as they have even stopped breeding now, they were part of thier first and last litter and they have had the Queen spayed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:10 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

very naughty indeed, as you have no evidence who your cats are. it means you won't be able to show them, or breed them without registrations.

keep on chasing them hun, as this is very bad practise & even if they have given up, it is no excuse to have not done things properly for you. makes you wonder if they were not supposed to breed from their queen in the first place, & so couldn't possibly have registered the kittens & have just been fobbing you off.

i wish you all the best, if they had a prefix you could report them to the GCCF or TICA, whoever they were registered with, or if they were members of any clubs you could report to them, but to be honest it all seems a bit futile as they have stopped breeding anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:14 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I would bug the heck out of them- call them every day, or even stop by their house (if they are near you). Part of the price you paid for your kitties included pedigee since they were sold as breeders and you paid more for them. Do you know if the Queen was registered? I hope it all works out for you!

Take care,
Carol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:28 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well they were trading as ******* Bengals and I do have a written receipt and vaccination cards buts that's it I was told they were waiting for the certificates to come back and I am now being told that they are completing forms or something which seems to have taken them months already! I am at the end of my tether!

I've sent them another email tonight asking for details of the Queen and Stud and the Prefix.

Last edited by MoshiandIndianasMum on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:44 am 
The Boss

Paperwork can take some time to get processed!

If they have sent everything in already then you could phone the GCCF office to make sure they are processing it......let the breeders know your intentions to do this just to get their response.

Failing that get the full names of the parents and maybe we can help you from there.

Did you see the sire or any evidence of a mating certificate when you first viewed the kittens?

Have you recieved a written pedigree yet?

How old are they now?

Also you say they were not bought as pets....did you buy them to breed from or to show? (active/non-active)

Sorry for all the questions but it'll help us understand more and get to the bottom of it.

feel free to contact me privately if you'd feel more comfortable that way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:14 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I appreciate that it can take time to process paperwork but is 5 months normal?

No I didn't see a mating certificate and I never thought to ask to see one, being a total newbie to Bengals I didn't think to ask :oops:

I've not had a written pedigree.

They were born on 21st March so they almost 9 months old.

We did get to meet the Mum and she was beautiful.

After I asked for the details for both parents and prefixes I got contacted today to be told they have the pedigrees and they will drop them in this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

that seems a bit more positive at least.

as meemonkey said, paperwork can take ages, but 5 months is a long time! as you said the people were new breeders themselves, they may not have been aware of how long things can take, & may not have rushed to get it sorted. it's still taken much longer than it should have but the fact that they are dropping the pedigrees round is a good sign.

the thing you really need is the transfer slip, keep nagging them to get this sorted, & as meemonkey said, once you have the full details of the parent cats' names you will be able to ask the GCCF if the registration is being processed.

hope this gets sorted for you soon, let us know :wink:

(it might be an idea to remove the name from your previous post, of who they are trading as. just in case they are not at fault, you would't want to risk any legal issues).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:31 pm 
The Boss

Lets see what turns up with the pedigrees, hopefully a registration slip will be included.....If not ask them for it!

If they don't have it then ask for the reason!

I hadn't realised it was 5 months that had passed, this is too long.....even for the GCCF. :lol:

As Ren says they may not know the correct procedure being novices, but if you go armed with the right questions and the mating has been done above board then they should really comply....no reason not to!

I would recommend that If you're not far away from them then maybe discuss things face to face or even on the phone....emails can go unheard sometimes and it can be hard to judge the situation for its worth.

Keep pushing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks guys. Have edited my post so I stay out of trouble :oops:

They are local and they will be dropping them round so I'll see him face to face then.

So as I have no idea what to expect I take it I am to be expecting a pedigree sheet and a registration slip?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

When i bought William (as a pet, or possible show) i saw the registration slip (which had to be sent off) i also got the vaccination card and pedigree certificate, showing his descendants, the day i brought him home. :wink:

Hope you get what you need soon, it does seem to have taken longer than it should have. :?
For what it's worth, i think both your cats have lovely markings! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Awww thank you so much, I love them to bits and I think they are beautiful but its always nice to know if others think they are good looking Bengals or not :lol: