It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:05 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hello, new member here!
I have a moggie type bengal - not a pure bengal but has the basic looks and character of a bengal cat.
Anyway, if bengal or not I have come to adore the breed!
Our cat JJ (will post a pic soon) is now 12 months old. She is an indoor cat in a relatively small house (2 bedroom). I feel for her as she is home all alone 5 days a week while we are at work. I was thinking about getting her a friend - but is our house too small? If we did get a friend it would be a kitten and a moggie.
She does go nuts and tear the house apart sometimes (there goes the new carpet!). I love her so much though! We play hide and seek every night! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:35 am 
Hi and welcome,

you could get another bengal to kleep yours company, it will take away some of the boredom whilst your out. You will find however that your cat may become less interested in keeping you company with its new friend.

I have a 2 bedroomed bungalow & my furball has no problems.

Hope that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:58 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I've read the rule of thumb that you should have at least one room per cat so they have a chance to avoid being in the same room if they need some alone time, so in your case two cats should be fine. It depends a bit on the cats though - some will share a small space easily while others will not even share a huge house peacefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:19 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I have 2 bengals and I live in a 2 bedroom flat. We have no problems at all (other than the usual destruction of vases, lamps etc) and I can imagine a 2 bed house would be even better as they have the stairs to run up and down. Although they do cause havoc it is mostly through knocking things over as they chase madly after eachother. Our furniture, carpets etc are spared as they do provide entertainment for eachother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi and welcome :D

We've got a 3 bedroom house (2 bedrooms really as one is a box room) and 2 Bengals. We find we have just enough space. It's not even the cats themselves that take up all the room...What with the 4/5 food bowls, water fountain, extra litter trays, toys, scratching trees.. :lol:

I think the more rooms you have downstairs, the better. We've only got a living room and a kitchen/diner. No hallway. Although they're fairly large rooms, i would absolutely love a conservatory/extra room downstairs to put the litter tray etc in, to stop the kitchen being so cluttered. You have to breathe in if you want to sit at the kitchen table. We rarely have guests for dinner. :lol:

I would go along with the suggestion of getting her a friend, especially where you're out quite a lot.
They can cause havoc together!
Err, i meant they can keep each other company. :lol: :wink:

Carpet...? :shock:
I used to have some of that.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:48 pm 
Bengal Cat

LMAO at the last Comment :lol:

Dawn x