It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New bengal issues
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:23 pm 
Bengal Kitten

hello!
i just adopted a year old bengal. i already have two other cats (a male tabby & a female persian) and two ferrets, but this is my first bengal.
when i got my bengal, Odie, he was fine with people- fearless and curious. he's very loving to me. in the middle of the night he comes to my bedroom and sleeps next to me. he's also very protective and often chases the other cats away.
it's been two weeks now and he's starting to act strange. he gets really skittish and runs from people. (his previous owner had him trained to sleep in a kennel at night, so he spends a lot of time in his during the day.) i am now aware that he bullies my two other cats (both of which are VERY submissive), he's now possessive over food (i feed them all separately), attacks the other cats when they are in the litter box, and is terrified of my live in boyfriend. i've also tried to put him on a harness, but he just freaks out and goes crazy-- his previous owners said he loved to walk on a leash.
funny thing is, he is fine with my ferrets- just adores them. and he is fine with me. he's neutered and gets lots of attention and exercise. he also has a clean bill of health. i know the other cats aren't bullying him and i've seen them try to get him to play, but he will either attack them or go hid.

could some one please give me some insight into why he's changed so suddenly? or what i can do to make this better?

thank you so much. =)