It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Would you leave a Bengal home alone everyday?
Poll ended at Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:47 pm
yes 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
no 75%  75%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Re: Alone Bengals
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:08 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi i have a Bengal and work. I find that she is fine on her own for the duration of my working hours. I work nights. I have heard that Bengals are better when they have a one to one relationship with owners. If you have to leave your Bengal on its own just make sure you spend quality time with them when you are at home.
I have found that my Bengal likes routine she knows when i come home from work she goes outside for an hour. She then knows its meal time then we have a play and then she sleeps quite satisfied. When we wake she likes a big fuss and then goes out again before another feeding time. In fact she is in such a routine now when i start to get ready for work she knows and goes and sits by the fridge. She does this because she gets a bit of fish as i leave for work. If i don't get ready quick enough she comes to find me then goes back to the fridge again. :D Im sure she is happy with this routine and hope you find this helpful sue
blackfrancis75 wrote:
Hello,
We have bought (but not yet received) a Bengal kitten from a local Breeder, and after reading as much as I can about Bengals I still have one question. How well do Bengals cope with being alone? I have heard opinions on both sides of the fence; that they cope fine alone and also that it's a good idea to get two.
We will both be working full time leaving out cat alone in our 3 bedroom house from 9am - 6pm so from that perspective, I wouldn't want him to get bored. On the other hand, my fiancee is mildly allergic to cats and so getting a second one might really be pushing the limits of her tolerance, in which case I would have to sell them both :(.
Any advice on this would be great - I'd love to hear from anyone who has a single Bengal who is left alone during the day - does he/she cope?
:?: