It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:43 pm 
Bengal Cat

This is something that has puzzled me for a while now, and i saw on another thread something that touched on the subject. I wasn't sure whether it was something all cats did, or just bengals, or even just my cat. But basically my bengall James loves to be inside or under things.

It started several months ago. I would get in from work and there would be no sign of him. I'd call his name and eventually he'd come downstairs obviously just woken up. I would go upstairs and i wold see a cat shaped lump in the quilt. So eventually i would sneak into the house, go upstairs and then call him. To my amazement he would come out from under the quilt.

Since then he has done this in many forms. He sticks his head into shoes. Any empty glasses on the floor he shoves his head into and then kind of drives them around the room. Carrier bags and boxes get a bit of a sniff and the he will hop in and stay there.
We also bought him a new bed (a dog one) as he was too big for his old one. We put his old blanket onto it. When we got in the house a couple of evenings ago we checked his new bed and it was empty. We thought he had escaped from the kitchen. But there was no way out. So my partner pulled back his blanket and there he was fast asleep. Somehow he had managed to get under it without hardly moving it.

It's all very funny, but very unusual. Is this something typical that others have experienced?

Thanks

Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Any and all cats I've ever had liked to get inside things, or sit under them. Or if you have a piece of paper on the floor, they're going to sit on that piece of paper.

That's why they make a lot of cat furniture with holes in them. Cats simply like it. ;)