It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:29 pm 
Senior Bengal

Hi everyone,
I've not been on this site for awhile due firstly to my life having been on hold for about 3 months ( whilst my brother was sick with a cancer tumour), and due to my computer breaking down! :twisted:

Anyway, my life was on hold because my brother was very ill, and it was like being on an emotional rollercoaster really from mid-october when the tumour was diagnosed until he passed away just before Christmas. The bengals, of which I had 2 at the time (2 girls) didnt behave any differently until the day after his death. I found they wanted to be close to me all the time, cuddling up, even found my large snow girl curled round my neck the day after I lost my brother when I awoke ! The younger bengal also shown some human characteristics by putting her paw on my arm and keeping it there when I chatted to her about how I felt. They had met my brother, but not often. However they seemed to know I was in shock, and knew how devastated I was. My non-pedigree cat is nowehere near as perceptive although she does try :) . Anyhow I wonder if anyone else has felt this with their bengals? Even now I feel they care about me just as much as I do them. :) Thye give me so much comfort on my bad days more than any human I find as they ask for so little in return.

Julie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:38 am 
Sorry to hear about your brother :cry:

I guess we will never know whether cats or Bengals can detect our sadness, but at least they are giving you some comfort in your hour of need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:51 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Aww Julie, so sorry to hear about your brother. I often think my boys can tell exactly how I'm feeling and react to that so yes, I think your babies are trying to comfort you.
Take care of yourself xxx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:53 pm 
Senior Bengal

Thank you both for replying. Whether with animals or people death is not easy to deal with. And in my houseold of course, my first bengal was killed in a hit and run accident, beloved Lily last february. So one of my girls, the quieter cat was quite devastated herself at that time. She is very happy now, but very clingy to me. :)

I have a new bengal now too. A snow spotted male kitten who arrived 2 weeks ago. He is fitting in well, and is as loving as the girls :)

Julie