It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Silver Bengal Baby
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm going to see a wee bengal baby tomorrow. He's a 15 week old silver of potential breeding/show standard but having spoke to the breeder over the last day she has agreed to let him go as a pet. His mum is a US import with excellent bloodlines and his colour and rosettes look absolutely fantastic on the photos and video I have been sent!!!

Can't believe I am doing this.......Lennon is due to come home in a weeks time and if all goes well tomorrow I could be picking up my silver baby shortly (that will make 3 bengal kittens all under 4 months - wow!!!)

The only thing I was not sure about was that the breeder said that if I was ok with him (and she was ok with me) then she would have him neutered next week. My other babies came on a kitten contract with the agreement I would neuter them before receiving their registration papers. Any views on early neutering - don't think my vet will be too impressed as he has told me to wait as long as I can before having Lubo done.

Will let you all know how I get on. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well - went to see him today and guess what yes, I am now going to be 'owned' by a silver bengal baby. Still not sure about the neutering but the breeder said its done all the time in the states and is becoming common practice over here as many people are not sticking by the terms of their kitten contracts and breeding anyway. She also sent me some information on the subject so I will have a look through.

He is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. :D Will post some pics on the gallery for you to see. The breeder has asked me if I want to suggest his registered/pedigree name - looking for something scottish. Couple of alternatives...........

Silver Prince of the Jacobites
Silver Saltire

Any other suggestions? Need to let her know fairly soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:56 am 
The Boss

Its more common in the states to early neuter.....most vets in the uk don't approve at all!

I do think its better to let them develop a little, but each to their own.

I love the names but Tica has a limit of 27 letters in the total name ...including the prefix!

so maybe the first one is just a tad too long. :lol:

anyways congrats on the new addition......is 3 your limit or will there be more? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Meemonkey - looks like this may now not go ahead :( . Will confirm later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Not having a new silver baby :cry: Don't really want to detail it but there were certain aspects I was not comfortable with and therefore made the hard decision not to go ahead.

Never mind, I pick up Lenny on Monday. :D