It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:59 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hello everyone,

Does anyone else have a issue with their Bengal chewing on computer cords from back of computer... If so help what do you do to stop them from doing this.... he about really tore the mouse cord up but able to fix.

Penny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:28 am 
We haven't got our kittens yet - counting down the days very impatiently!

However, I used to have a house rabbit and had to protect all cables with a plastic tube-type thing - you can get this easily from office supply shops, IKEA etc - it is split down one side so you hide all the cables inside and then they can't be chewed!

There are things you can buy to discourage chewing, one product is made for puppies so I don't know if its OK for cats - but if it's safe for bunnies then generally it's OK for anything else as rabbits are notoriously sensitive to things. Not really suitable for cables, but a weakened white vinegar solution is good for wood etc and you can even paint on that stuff to stop people biting their nails!

Hope that helps,

regards

Teresa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:01 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I have bought tons of toys for him even has puppy teether, kongs for puppies, nylabones etc. He chews on the but is going after the cords now.

Penny