It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My new Bengal :biggrin:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:32 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I recently got a 10 month old Snow Marble Bengal Female and she is very timid and hides. She only comes out at night time and she constantly chirps. I get up with her at night and she hides again.

Is this a normal behaviour for the Bengals.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:42 pm 
Senior Bengal

If recently is within the last month, then it is possible she just isn't familiar enough with you. Give it a bit of time and even when she's hiding ( don't pull her out of her hiding spot ) talk to her, let her know you know shes there and play with some of her toys.

It's normal for a cat ( any breed ) to feel out of place for the first bit when everything in their life just changed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:43 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum. Yes, it is common for a cat to want to hide in a new environment. It takes time for the kitty to decompress from the stress and gain confidence. The thing you should be doing is sitting on the floor where she is hiding and talk softly to her. You can attempt to entice her with treats or a toy. I'm guessing she is eating and using the litter box normally. Time and patience is what is needed, but she needs to be hearing our voice and you need to be near where she is hiding. Do not attempt to pull her out. Let her come to you as she feel comfortable. Since she is 10 months old, do you know what he previous life was like? Was she still at the breeders? If you are willing to put the time in, she will eventually come out of her hiding place. Make sure you have a tall cat tree, lots of wand toys, and cat beds for her.