[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Been offered a Bengal girl..1 year old
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:20 pm 
Senior Bengal

Hello everyone

I went on a little trip this morning to my local cat/dog re -homing centre with a few of Lyra's old things, beds etc that she refuses to use, and lots of food that was obviously not up to the standard she thought she should be eating. I know this place well as i got my lovely blind dog from there. Anyway, spotted a lovely little black kitten, then went to look at her other kitties she had, when the owner turned round and said she had a Bengal girl looking for a home.

So, she was a year old in July, the owners either let her out, or she escaped and she got caught by a local tom cat and had a litter...she was 6 months old!!! It seems as soon as they could, they handed her over to the re homing centre, who have now spayed and chipped her , given her all her injections and is now ready for her new home.

Yes, i'm hoping we'll be her new family, but just a little worried how she'll cope with Lyra and Amber my dog. There is 3 months difference in age with Lyra. Any advice on how to make it as painless as possible would be much appreciated. Have added a little photo of her.

Thanks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:25 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Aww, she is beautiful! You'll need to go through the whole introduction thing with putting her into a safe room with food, litter, water, bed. Start swapping out scents. Make sure you spend a lot of time with her in her safe room, soft talking with her. She may turn out to be extremely confident, or she may try to hide and get away from everything. You just need time and patience. There are articles online on how to do this properly. Good luck and I hope you get this beautiful baby.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Awww, she's so sweet!

Probably just the usual quarantine period of a few weeks of separation. You will need to be more careful because she is so young. I messed up badly one time not realizing that up until two years cats really are still kittens. Adults sometimes react impatiently to kittens when they wouldn't to adults. Other times they go baby crazy and try to smother the little one with too much love!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:56 pm 
Senior Bengal

I'm hoping that because Lyra and Fifi are only 3 months apart, it won't take that long for them to be friends. Fifi would be in the dining room, and i'll do all the swapping scents about. I think i'm more worried about how Amber my dog will react..she was great with Lyra, but she was such a tiny little kitten she just wanted to mother her. It will just be little steps for a while.

I'm very excited though :biggrin:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:18 pm 
Bengal Kitten

What a beautyfull cat!

I had replaced a door with a "fence"-door after the new cat got comfortable with me. So they could see and smell eachother but not attack. And make sure there is a place available both parties of cats can hide so the other cannot see them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:27 pm 
Senior Bengal

Fifi will be coming to live with us from Monday..very very excited. We are going to be changing her name, fifi doesn't suit , and reminds me of the childrens programme my daughter made me watch with her time and time again! Looking at something that will go with Lyra and Amber, any suggestions gratefully accepted.Her room is all ready for her, fingers crossed everything goes smoothly, or a smoothly as it can. Will post some photos when i get her settled.

Here's a couple they sent me,

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Aww, congratulations. She is beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:14 pm 
Senior Bengal

Thanks Sherry, it's going to be a challenge, as they don't know anything about her apart that she had a litter, and has lived with children. :eek:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:51 am 
Senior Bengal

She's a gem, with markings like clouded leopard. Hopefully it comes without a catch. Else cherish her at all costs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Do keep us posted on how she settles in -- and MORE pictures, please.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:07 pm 
Senior Bengal

She here, very confident..straight out of the carrier and looking around investigating her new area.

Sherry, these are her parents and grandparenta

Sire Giradelle Snow Eros SBT 042614057
Dam Giradelle Celene SBT 040614049

Grandparents
Sire Giradelle Snow Wizard SBT 091412031
Sunstorm Ayala Perle SBT 07512026

Sire Guyus Cassanova SBT 031911024
Giradelle Classy Lady SBT 033013048

I don't know if these numbers mean anything???

Here's a photo of her

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh boy! The only one I have an F generation for is Guyus Casanova, who is an F8. All the others are UNKs in my database. Basically, your girl would be no higher than an F10 and may be a lower generation.

The TICA registration numbers are easy to follow:

SBT 042614057

SBT stands for Stud Book Traditional. This means the cat has no unknowns or other breed within 3 generations. Note, the ALCs are registered with 00T or 00S. An F1 is A1T or A1S. An F2 is B2T or B2S, an F3 is C3T or C3S. An F4 starts the SBT. If there is a non breed within the first three generations bred with a bengal, the first generation offspring will have an AON, second, BON, third CON.

The actual numbers reflect the birthdate of the cat

This registration number is for Giradelle Snow Eros. He was born on April 26, 2014 (042614).

The ending numbers just give him a number for that birthdate. It does not necessarily mean he was the 57th cat registered with that birthdate as I've found some later cats with an 003.

Although I have nearly 49,000 records in my database, I still have 8,481 that have an Unknown somewhere. A very high percentage. Without complete pedigree, it's difficult to fill in the blanks. I've googled the Giradelle cats and I can't find any pedigrees or other information on them.

She is a beautiful girl! I take it you do not have a TICA registration number or a pedigreed name for her? Happy to hear she is settling in well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:12 pm 
Senior Bengal

Sherry, her pedigree name is Giradelle Rafiki..i have no other paperwork for her.i can send you are photo of this pedigree paper which goes back to great great great grandparents.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:51 pm 
Senior Bengal

I take it the reason I have no TICA paperwork is that it gets sent to the owner from the breeder when they have been spayed, if sold as a pet. As they didn't get her spayed, and they gave her up,there is no way i can get it. She is so skinny, you can feel all her bones bless her. And so so friendly, rubbing herself around me, will start getting her into condition now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I've had to fatten up many neglected cats. Luckily, it doesn't take long! There's no real health risk to worry about other than overshooting the mark and the cat gets a little overweight. But better to have a pound or two extra than be under.