It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Recovery from neutered
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:04 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I was wondering how long would the kitten be able to recover from neutered and be able to flight? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:52 am 
Bengal Kitten

All the boys I have had neutered are usually groggy for a few hours after, but absolutely back to normal within 24 hours.

I do keep a close eye on the area for a few days though, just in case of heat/swelling but I have never had any signs of anything not being 100% fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Be able to "flight?" At first I read "fight" and you don't want cats fighting. Usually a male is fine within 24 to 48 hours. The vet will tell you to keep them inside and calm -- mine told me three days, but the cat wanted to go out within hours of bringing him home, so he went out. However, every cat is different. You will want to keep an eye on the "area" and if starts to get red and look infected, it's back to the vet. The vast majority of male do just fine without any complications.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:58 pm 
Bengal Kitten

thanks! Just an off topic question: when they are booking the flight for the kittens, does it work like us as we having to book ahead in order to guaranteed a seat? Or they just book it few hours before the flight?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Are you looking to fly with a newly neutered bengal? Have you talked with your airline? Most allow a pet in th cabin in a carrier, however, they usually limit the number per flight. Your best bet is to call or chat with the airline involved. Or, is your kitten flying solo? It will not be allowed in the cabin without owners. It will fly in the cargo hold with the luggage and other pets who are flying. It is dark and noisy down there and probably terrifying for the kitty. I would never in a million years put a poor kitten through that. There are cases where pets have gotten extremely ill or have died. I would have a nervous breakdown waiting to collect any pet who has flown like that. Since your question wasn't entirely clear, I hope I've covered all the angles for you.

If your breeder is handling the flight schedule and all paperwork, then all you can do is wait.