It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bengal meowing at night!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:32 am 
Bengal Kitten

Our cat is meowing at night!
We have a newly rescued 6 year old Bengal, male neutered, indoor, only cat, gorgeous.
He has adjusted nicely to indoor life and has been a rather laid back cat in general. Eats, sleeps, plays, cuddles....the whole family is crazy about him.
But lately, he sleeps much of the day (hides under a blanket) and is up right when we go to bed about 11pm walks around the place meowing loudly with a very low pitch like a wild animal, long long meoooows.....jumping on the bed and meowing in our face does that on and off in the night,
......he is fed, litter is clean.....not sure what is the matter with him !

Any thought? Tips?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum! Bengals are like babies. You just need to turn their schedule around. My 9 year old bengal takes short naps during the day, but sleeps through most of the night. Was your bengal ever an outdoor cat? Some cats are nocturnal. You could try playing with your baby until he is completely exhausted. My Raiden will usually wake me up between 2 and 4 a.m. just to be spiteful!!! But, I can usually get him settled back down to go back to sleep. You can try to keep your kitty awake and not sleep all day -- but having my bengal sleep is the only time I can get anything done around the house. LOL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:14 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Welcome to Bengal world ;) .. my Bengal does this pretty much every night.

If you try to play with them more in the day they will try to sleep at night more.

Wakes me up every time.