[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Emigrating UK to Oz - any recommendations?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Could any breeders who ship cats abroad give me any advice or tips on successful/least stressful/reasonably priced ways to ship our cats from UK to Oz?

I know there are many companies whom ive already had a look at some, but was wondering for some pesonal recommendations and some helpful insider tips.

TIA XX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

We honestly do not have any breeders here who are posting regularly. Hopefully, you've checked the regulations and quarantine rules for bringing a cat into Australia. How many cats are you looking at? I don't know where the quarantine takes place (UK or OZ). How are you getting to Australia? I'd probably want the cats with me at that time. I'm sure there are logistics to work out -- I just don't know them. It is a LONG trip and quite stressful on humans as well as cats. You might want to contact some UK breeders and ask if they've ever shipped cats to Oz.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:19 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

If you book in advance, they can fly on the same flights as you (depending on which countries you're stopping over at).
Australian quarantine is quite strict, but you can do some of the steps before you leave. See here: http://www.agriculture.gov.au/cats-dogs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I don't see that getting them on the same flight is that important as they'll have to go to Melbourne to quarantine for 10 days while we're heading to Queensland.

There are numerous pet carriers and was just hoping for some personal recommendations from people who've used them.

Thanks all x