It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bengal cross or no?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:40 am 
Bengal Kitten

Hey everyone, new to the site, and a new cat owner. Well he's technically not mine but my friends/roomates but I'm pretty sure he loves me more haha, especially because I give him lots of attention!

So being that you are all bengal experts, or pretty darn close, I thought I would see if her cat really is a bengal ragdoll cross. She got him off of Craigslist and paid 200$ which I thought was pretty decent considering they claim he is a bengal x ragdoll.
Keep in mind I've never owned a cat before as I am allergic (though I have had ZERO reactions to him which is great!) So I'm likely out of the loop as far as prices, personalities, etc.
I've done some research but of course cannot find a definitive answer, maybe had I had experience with felines, I may be able to tell the difference between a tabby and a bengal much better, as he does look very tabby too.

So here's a little info on Vino; he's very vocal, pretty sure he likes to talk to himself and makes alot of trilling noises and deep meows, especially when he is running around the house like he's on PCP lol. He practically parkours around the living room during his peak playtime hours, loves to run around and try to get you to chase him. He's definitely a jumper, only 4 1/2 months and I've seen him jump at least 4 feet from the ground up. One time he jumped from one couch to the other one, which was on the other side of the room.. he's very playful, can be overly rambunctious and loves to gnaw on your fingers. Can't go anywhere without him following, and God forbid you close a door without him in the room with you! He's actually copying us in opening our doors (the handle is just a press down, not a knob) and I've caught him on occasion jumping up to try and pull it down, way too smart! When he's in his downtime, he loves being cuddly and prefers to be near us. If he falls asleep on the couch beside you and you get up to say get a drink, he has to come with you. He's almost ALWAYS purring which I find strange that he purrs that much but I'm almost always talking to him or petting him. Hes always waiting at the door for you when you get home and purrs like crazy after not seeing you for a while. My FAVORITE thing about him is when you disappear for a second and come back, he greets you with his big scary kitty pose with the arched back and puffed out tail, then usually does a summersault or backflip like that then runs around and jumps at you. It makes me laugh so hard from the moment he started doing that, it makes me think he does it on purpose knowing he'll get a roar out of us and more attention.
As far as looks, I will post pictures, but keep in mind it's almost impossible to get a decent shot of him because he just won't sit still! I'm unsure his weight and length but he seems semi large for his age. He's grey and white, with some stripes around his legs and tail, with a pure grey line going down his entire back. His body is almost like a marble white/grey, and his belly is white with grey dots. I've also notice his paws are weird, especially his back feet, it's like he has long feet with large knuckles.

Anyways sorry for the long write up! I just really would like to know if he truly is part bengal as having him live here has actually made me fall in love with cats, which I almost thought was impossible due to my allergies and bad experience with my parents friends cat when I was younger lol. So when I move out I will get one of my own! Hopefully full bengal!

Post subject: Re: Bengal cross or no?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The easiest way we can tell is with photos.
Clear photos of the cats face and sides of its body.
:cool:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

There are regular domestic cats that act very similar to a bengal. If you could post pictures, we could give you a better opinion. It's not just the "personality" of a bengal, but needs to have the markings of a bengal. Your little guy is still a kitten and they are most rambunctious.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:17 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

There is certainly some bengal-like traits in the description that you've given and you obviously love him.

As said, photos *might* give us a better indication of whether or not there is any bengal in him.