[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Is my cat a Bengal mix?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Is my cat a Bengal mix?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:20 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello All! I recently learned about Bengal cats while watching a new family on tinykittens.com (you should go check them out!). I was curious and started looking up more about them and realized that they sounded like my cat, Link! He's extremely intelligent, agile, rambunctious, and a little bit obsessed with me. He's figured out how to open his food container, and to knock things open on the ground. He loves to get into the bathtub when we're done and play with the water. He's SUPER chatty and makes all kinds of noises. He's gotten onto, into, under, above, on top of, and inside of everything in our house...twice.
I can't seem to upload the photos, so I've put a link to my Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/harkerclowder/?hl=en
He's the only not-black cat. The specific things that make me thing "Bengal are the makings, which are super rich on his arms, and the light fawn/caramel color around the edges. I saw another member describe a Bengal tail as "tapered, ringed, and all black at the end" which describes his as well. Obviously, he's some kind of mix, given all of the white. He's also on the small side. I do know that they're very difficult to identify unless you have papers. He was born behind a washing machine, so I'm going to go ahead and say that we know nothing about his parentage. I'm not trying to get him certified or anything, I'm just kind of curious.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:23 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi there. What an amazing bunch of kitties. Are they all yours? They look incredibly chilled and happy together! Your tabby is very beautiful, however, I have a seriously soft spot for black cats :biggrin: You will never know about the parentage of your tabby and possible bengal genes. It's virtually impossible to identify. The only thing I did spot was your tabby has a wide nose and prominent whisker pads which is a bengal feature. If you look at the noses of your black cats then you will see what I mean. Who knows? Bengal mum or dad/grandmother or grandfather????? Enjoy all your beautiful fur babies :biggrin:

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to our forum. Your kitties are gorgeous!!! There are spotted and marbled tabbies. Bengals have no white on them at all and have rosettes that vary in size and color. Most tabbies have markings that are symmetrical. Bengals do not! That's not to say there could not be a bengal down the line in your kitty's lineage. However .... the majority of kitties like that are just plain tabbies. Cats have very different and distinct personalities and it sounds like your have a very intelligent kitty. To be truthful, the number of actual bengal mixes in the world is probably extremely small, since the vast majority of breeders are careful about their breeding practices and only occasionally will a intact female get out to get pregnant. It does happen, unfortunately.