It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am delighted you are going to wait and see how things go with Nevada before considering adding another kitten! I can only imagine the anxiety you have been feeling over getting him -- it's only a couple more weeks and then you can actually hold him, nuzzle him, love on him. There is going to be an adjustment period, so all of that may not happen the first day. He will be stressed from the travel, so give him a chance to unwind a little bit and get used to your new home. He will make progress a little at a time, so don't take it personally if he's not wanting to interact with you immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I plan on leaving him mostly in peace in the bedroom while I sit on the bed and read out loud to him :) or maybe sing a bit.
Indeed I am anxious :S it's what I imagine people feeling if they're adopting a child - you think of all the bad stuff that could happen and oh! Is everything REALLY ready XD.
A little less than 2 weeks and then I can fuzz about him ;) oh, it shall be great! The little sun in the center of my solar system

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It is indeed like waiting for a child. I know Nevada is going to absolutely love his new home.I do believe he will be great therapy for you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I agree with Sherry.

Plus, why would you/do you need to stay overnight with your parents when you have your period?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hello, no my mom stays over if needed. They only live 7-10 minutes away so can be here fast if I feel it. She does that for me too when I've got trouble with my stomach (IBS)
I've decided to go with a second but the plans ended up rather badly. Right now I don't even know if I'll get the one I have paid for - The breeder will speak to me tomorrow and we'll go from there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh no, say this is not happening AGAIN to you. What on earth is going on with the breeder and the kitties? Did she decide to keep this one? How is the first one you were going to get doing after the whole vaccine deal?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:46 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

The deal is, from my perspective (she has accused me of slander too): So this is purely my own view on things
The kitten gets sick, stays sick for 2 weeks - then he gets a lot worse and she takes him to the vet. This is 1 week before he is supposed to travel. She's been saying all he had was a snotty nose, no issues. Then she offers me a replacement, which I take and I pay £100 more for another passport and rabies.
I ask her when she plans to castrate and plan. She says not to worry, she told someone who asked for his price that he was sold. Very odd way to answer in my opinion. I confront her later and asks if she even wants to sell him to me. She replies with the question do you want to pull out.
I get a bad feeling and I think tbh something went wrong with our communication.
On Saturday she writes that the original one is still sick and costing her in vet bills.
On Sunday she writes that her vet says he's fine and is now healthy.

Well, I get the worst case of cold feet, and follows my gut - so I draw out.
I am now waiting for the money back, so I can look for another one.
I've looked at one but since it's been back and forth - I've decided not to speak too much of it until I actually get her. (Current planning says 25th of September).

Anyway, I am actually very positive about the new one and all I need now is to find the money for the deposit. I hope, hope, HOPE, things go well this time! I love Akio to bits, but I can tell he would be happy to have a playmate.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:05 am 
Bengal Cat

I'm very sorry to hear that, it must all have been very disappointing and stressful. Kudos to you, it sounds as if you are taking it very well, and focusing on moving forward. It's great that you've already found a new kitten that you like (and after all your uncertainty over which first kitten to pick, it sounds as if you've mastered the art of choosing now! :yes: ).

Since the original kitten got sick, will you be able to get your all of your money back? I hope it all gets resolved smoothly with the breeder now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:18 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Got a 1/3 to 1/4 loss, but I'm sure my family will help me out - The transporter money is also lost, since she can't just undo her paperwork and the time she spent preparing (she even took a day off to collect the kitten since the breeder couldn't get it to closer)

But yeah I feel mightily better now :) maybe I always had some doubts deep down.
I just need the deposit and then I can officially call her mine and arrange the trip :)
25th is the date yay!