It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:46 am 
Bengal Kitten

Help, less then a month to go. I've bought a cat tree, some toys, a widow perch and a nail trimmer. Is there any other prepping you recommend?
thanks! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:48 pm 
Clear ANYTHING breakable, especially ornaments or vases. Hide as many electrical wires as you can, the rest tape them down to stop them chewing them.

Our two went to my parents whilst we was on honeymoon and by the end of it, the place looked like it had been raided :o One "bengal crime" included flicking my dads carriage clock that he'd received for 25 years service at work off the mantelpiece with a paw :oops:

Bengals are intelligent enough to be trained, so they can be taught what is naughty and what isn't, but as they are stubborn too, it takes many attempts :D

Post subject: getting ready :)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:25 pm 
Bengal Kitten

ok, so the tea lite candles on my mantle....gone? How will they manage to get up there? it is about 6' up? Silk drapes in dining room, i will just pray!!

Most of our house it pretty kitty friendly since we have two toddlers, two dogs and one cat!

Have you ever heard of the scat mat?

Post subject: getting ready :)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:55 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi

My Bengal Hector used to bat everything that was mobile off every surface. Pints of milk on the kitchen work surface were favourite, he would then bite the plastic bottle at its shoulder with his teeth and drink some of the milk. A bit messy at times.

My mantlepiece not a problem. Climbed up the living room doors and sat on top. Up onto the bookcase in living room, 7 foot tall. :x

Slept on top of the wall cabinets in the kitchen, got up there the first week he arrived at 3 months.
You say, silk drapes in dining room, not a chance!! :lol:

He had a wonderful sense of play even as an adult, I would have forgiven him anything. He was the loveliest cat I have had. :)

Elsa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:12 pm 
As elsa says 6' would not be a problem for a Bengal, a way can be found up there somehow :lol:

Never heard of a scatmat :shock:

Can I ask what happened to Hector?

Post subject: Hector
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:10 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi

I lost my beloved Hector in September of last year. He had lost some weight and seemed to be slightly off his food for about 2 days.

I took him to the young vet who thought he had a lump in his abdomen. I had no idea at this point it was really serious, stupid now when I look back on it.

I left him there for one of the older vets to check him over, he phoned later to say they had decided to do a laparotomy, to find out the cause, and were going to take him straight to theatre then and there, as they had had to sedate him to take bloods.

At operation he had a huge pancreatic tumour involving bowel and it was decided that it was kinder not to wake him up. He was only six years old. I was devastated, still am to tell the truth.
I couldn't believe that he could be so ill and had continued to act as normal up until the last few days of his life.

Elsa

Post subject: so sorry,,,,
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:10 am 
Bengal Kitten

:cry: Im so sorry to hear about Hector, that is so sad. It is the worst to lose a beloved pet, especially so young.
thanks for sharing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:05 am 
That's so sad :( Very sorry to hear that.