It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Meowing constantly
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:58 am 
Bengal Kitten

My 10 mo old male Bengal who is fixed, meows all nite long! We can't sleep....does anyone have any advice as to what to do? We have two other Bengals a boy and girl and they have never done this?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Meowing constantly
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum. How long ago did this meowing constantly begin? Recently? Does he just meow constantly at night? Has anything changed in your household? Have any neighbors acquired a male tom cat? If the crying only happens at night and there is nothing medically wrong with your kitty, I'm guessing there is something going on outside that you may not be aware of. Dog, cat -- other wildlife. My bengal will start crying when a neighbor's cat comes around and Raiden can see him. Note that cats can smell something in the air, too. I think you need to become a detective and seriously search for the answer. He's trying to tell you something.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:27 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thank you for the input, we did see a stray the other nite walk through our yard. Didn't even think about him smelling something. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:50 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Play with him right before bedtime for at least 30mins – 1 hour. Is he an only cat? He is most likely bored and is seeking attention. If you play with him with a toy such as Da Bird, making him run and jump and leap through the air, it will tire him out and he will settle and go to sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm sure that "stray" cat comes around more frequently than you see. A lot of cats stay indoors during the day and are let out at night to roam. This could definitely be the reason your little one is crying at night.