[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - HENDRIX IS MISSING - PLEASE HELP
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sorry, I haven't found him so feeling a bit low right now. Jon is home now but very jet lagged. We're hoping to get back over to purbrook later to continue the search. But I've not had much more to go on since yesterday's leafleting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare, I've been where you're at, except there were no serious leads in my search for Bear. But, I traipsed through woods, walked every single street in my subdivision multiple times, traveled with every lead I got (which were a lot, but to them, all b/w cats look alike). I got little sleep and worked a full time job. I cried mountains of tears and never found him. I don't want that to happen to you. You need to spend an entire day looking for him. Dawn to after dusk! I'm sure he is still around that area. It is not familiar to him and he's probably in another cat's territory. I'm sure Jon is tired -- and you are as well, but the more time you spend looking, the better the chance is that you find him, especially by talking to every single person you see. Someone may have seen him. Someone may have him. Don't give up!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare, DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Don't give up! I know it's a little disheartening but you have had some leads which is awesome. He'll turn up, but you have to be looking for him.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare I know it must be hard, but keep at it - you have some solid leads regarding the collar, sighting of the leopard and the cat at the chippy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I haven't given up. But I'm not much use at the moment. I have a chest infection which means I can't take my medication for inflammatory arthritis as I'm on antibiotics and now I'm hobbling. Jon went over yesterday, however he keeps dropping off with jet lag today and I don't want him falling asleep at the wheel as he'll be no use to Hendrix either. He's going back over tomorrow and taking over whilst I get back on my feet.

The cat at the chip shop isn't him as I went in Saturday to check if it had been back. The guy had checked with the people feeding the cat and it definitely isn't Hendrix but he's displaying a poster for me as lots of locals go in there.

There have been no other sightings other than the lady who is convinced she saw him last Wednesday, and I have distributed a lot of leaflets and posters.

There are some very kind people in the vicinity that are looking too and as soon as I'm fit I will be back there. But there is a lot of heathland that we also need to search which is daunting to say the least.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. When or if I get news I'll let you all know. We are both desperate to have Hendrix back home where he belongs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh Clare, I hope you get to feeling better soon! I'm sure all the stress of losing Hendrix has taken a toll on your health. And poor Jon, being so jet lagged! Get as many other eyes looking out for him as you can. Know that while Legs was locked up in a garage, a neighbor swore she saw him sitting in a tree! So sightings can be misleading at times. However, Hendrix is definitely a unique kitty. He's been outside so he has some street smarts. It's possible, someone found him, took him in. If that is the case, you hope that they see your poster and will return him to you. I always hate to think of a poor kitty out in the cold and having to fend for itself. I know you only have weekends, but six days can take him further away. All cats should be born with GPS! Seriously!

Take care of yourself and keep positive thoughts. {{{HUGS}}} to you, Jon and Jagger.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:33 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I do hope Geoff and Igor can help.
I know it's a worrying time, but I need to tell you about what happened with an old cat of ours some years ago. Rusty, our Oriental Ticked Tabby went missing on Boxing Day. We thought he was probably shut in a shed / garage, and expected him home for tea. No sign...
Several days went past and we had banged on every garage door / shed in the area, hoping to hear a reply (he was quite vocal!)
We decided to slap pictures up everywhere around Cosham / Drayton / Wymering.
After about 2 weeks, we started getting calls from people on Portsdown Hill saying there had been acat looking like Rusty up there for a few days. I was working in London then, and driving back each night to search, then going bak to work in the morning. Zombie was not the word for me...
After @ 5 weeks, we had about given up hope, and I had reserved a kitten from a work colleague, as Rebecca, then 7,was beside herself with losing him. I was on my way down one Friday, when my Mum rang me - They had a little old lady round the corner, who said she had Rusty. She fed hedgehogs, and there had been a cat coming into the garden and eating the food she put out. She had gradually moved the food into the house, and eventually trapped the cat in her conservatory. Mum and Rebecca were on their way round, as the lady had taken the collar off, and got the number from the barrel!
It was Rusty - He had a badly cut shoulder, and had obviously been injured - possibly as far back as Boxing Day! Vet trips and full check-over, TLC and lots of gentle cuddles. Oh - And we did get the kitten, a few weeks later, who became his baby....

Anyway, what I am saying is DON'T GIVE UP - We were just short of 6 weeks, and Rusty had almost found his way back home! I would suggest looking round the allotments just down from the vet - Lots of quiet places for a lost / scared cat to hide, and you can sit there just calling him to see if he will come out? I know when Merlin escaped, giving me apoplexy, before I gave in and got the cat flap fitted, he would respond to my calls, and try to get back to my voice.

Sending Hugs. If there's anything I can do, let me know - I have pm'd you my mobile number. xx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:04 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh Clare, sorry to hear you are unwell on top of everything else.

As others have reported I've had cats missing for weeks at a time and they have turned up. I had one cat who used to go on her 'summer holidays' every year! We never knew where she went but she always returned many weeks later.

I know this situation is slightly different but I think you have a good chance of finding him.

If there's anything I can do please let me know.

Debbie

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I wish I were in the UK to help out! It's just so hard, day after day. The ache gets worse and worse. The flyers certainly do help and you've talked with a lot of people. You don't know if Hendrix is trying to find his way back home (11 miles) or if he will stick around that area. There is just no way of knowing. You may have to go back at night when things quiet down and when he may come out of hiding. I keep hoping to come here and find out he is safe at home again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare, have you checked all the Facebook pages for lost and found pets in the UK. They have them for several areas: Reading, Surry, Hampshire -- I don't know what would be close to you. They post pictures of lost and found pets. Unfortunately, many of the posts deal with deceased pets that have been hit by cars. A lot more of those than what I find in the pages for here in Nashville. I scanned through a couple of the Facebook pages I could find and didn't see anything that looked like Hendrix. We haven't had an update from you, so I'm guessing you have not yet found him. Hope you're feeling better and Jon has caught up on his sleep. I know it is tiring just looking, but you have to find him. {{{HUGS}}}

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I am delighted to let you all know that Hendrix is curled up on my lap purring away! I still can't believe he's home but I'm so so happy!

Jagger doesn't recognise his scent though so we have a reintroduction to deal with but that is an excellent problem to have.

He's looking very thin and literally hasn't shut up since his dad raced over to get him from a phone call we received at 8.30pm. The trailing round the streets of purbrook were so worth it, even if I am now ill and barely able to walk from the arthritis flare up I'm now experiencing.

Happy days!

Thank you to everyone for all your help and support. I can't stop smilingXxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:13 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

OMG, that's great!

But I think you owe us more explanation than that though, after taking us through this epic journey together... :biggrin:

So happy for you guys though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:29 pm 
Awesome congratulations on his return!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next