[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - HENDRIX IS MISSING - PLEASE HELP
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

If you are in the UK and can help at all it would be much appreciated.

If you have been offered an adult brown marble male Bengal for sale, or are aware of anyone who has recently taken possession of one, please let me know. I am in Fareham, Hampshire and am desperate to find my boy.

Hendrix has been missing since Monday 18 January. I am aware that next door had a new garage door fitted that day and he said it was very noisy. Jagger didn't come indoors all day which was also highly unusual and I saw Hendrix go out at approximately 11.30am on my home camera. He has not been seen since. Jagger was waiting outside for me to come home and was very spooked and didn't want any tea.

I spent the evening calling Hendrix but no joy. I was out at first light the next day looking for him and again calling him. I distributed leaflets to all my neighbours at lunch time Tuesday. The surrounding roads were leafleted the next day and posters put up and I have searched as many of his regular haunts that I can think of. I immediately informed the microchip company so they could put out an alert to vets etc, called the garage door company, registered him on lost pet sites, called environmental services, local RSPCA and cats protection etc. I am in the process of getting posters to vets as well.

I can't post photos from home, but will put some on tomorrow at work, however there is a thread in the gallery section called 'Hendrix and Jagger' with plenty of photos.

If anyone can help or has any information please PM me as a matter of urgency.

Thank you. This is totally out of character for Hendrix, he is a real home boy and he had never been out overnight before this so I am extremely worried about him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh no, Clare, this is horrible!!!! You've done all the right things so far. I hope he is okay and will return home. When he does, please, please, please, do not allow your bengals outside unsupervised. Also see if there are any lost/found pet pages in your area on Facebook! Those people do an amazing job reuniting pets. Have your neighbors contact the garage door company. I had to keep the black and white cat out of the back of the open truck when someone was working at my neighbors. They love to investigate. Good luck and lots of {{{HUGS}}}.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

So sorry to hear this. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for his safe return x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Any news Clare? I am in Cosham, so will keep an eye open this side for you - Do you have a recent picture? Is he chipped? What has your vet said / doing to help? Have you contacted the Council?
Sending love n hugs, Jo xx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:19 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks Jo, I really appreciate it. Yes, I've spoken to the council, the vet is putting him on their Facebook page today. I'm about to post pictures to other vets, and have delivered some to the more local ones.

Every poster I put up on lamp posts have been taken down. It's just soul destroying.

I would have kept them in if I'd known about the work being done next door. I know they are bad for getting into vehicles. But from what I can gather it was too noisy for them to investigate. I think it was the noise that was the problem and made both scarper. Jagger however, obviously just hid close by until I got home.

Please see pictures below - I think they show his coat well to make him recognisable:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm so sorry! I hope he was just afraid of all the commotion and he turns up soon.

Make sure you get the word out to any rescue groups in the area and post it all over FaceBook (make sure the posts are set to public so others can share them). Cats can go pretty far so make sure to check the surrounding areas for 5-10 miles as well.

Keeping my fingers crossed for him to show up safe and sound.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Oh Clare, I am so sorry. I haven't been on the site for a short while and your post just jumped straight out at me.

I live in Hampshire but not in your area. I'm keeping everything crossed he has just got spooked and gone into hiding and will be home soon.

I've had my Burmese disappear in the past and I know how upsetting it can be.

Loads of (((hugs))).

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare, it has now been a week. Hendrix knows where he lives. He should return if he is able to. He is a beautiful boy -- I know there are all sorts of scenarios going through your head -- I've been there with a moggie who never returned home. Thus, I learned my lesson about letting a cat outdoors! I know how heartbroken you are that he is missing. I pray that you find him. Is he friendly toward strangers? I mean, anybody seeing that gorgeous kitty, would be in awe. A good person would take him to be checked for a microchip. Someone may just want to keep him and he'll never be checked! I'm guessing you have walked your entire area calling for him and checking to make sure he isn't injured somewhere. You seem to blame his disappearance on the noise -- but cats usually just hide away from the noise or want to come back in the house. If he didn't get taken away in the truck they were using, he should still be in the area.

Here in the States, it is illegal to put posters up on poles so they come down quickly as well. Cats have run away from home when they are situations they can't control or are happy with at home. That's why I have a b/w cat that I'm feeding. He refuses to return and stay home because his brother bullies him. A friend in Baltimore had the same situation with one of her cats and he went to live with another family down the street. You've been put through the wringer trying to find harmony between Hendrix and Jagger. You have no idea how it actually affected Hendrix.

I pray for his safe return to you. {{{HUGS}}}

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare, I know you must be going through hell. Things were getting so calm between Jagger and Hendrix so I can't believe Hendrix left because he was unhappy. I can imagine he was spooked by the loud noise or been chased and has run too far and become lost. Hopefully, he will be found soon or is already with someone who is caring for him and will take him to a vet to be checked for a microchip. This is unbelievably sad timing for him to go missing as I know you got quotes to get cat fencing fitted :cry:

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:30 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hendrix won't go willingly to anyone he doesn't know.

Something definitely happened that day and the only obvious thing is the new garage door. Jagger was very freaked out and it took me quite a few days to get him eating properly again. The next day he started to tremble when he was in the conservatory and certainly didn't want to go out.

They were fine at the time Hendrix went missing. They'd been playing together again and the only issue was Jagger's possessiveness over the cat tree. Jagger has been looking for his brother and is missing him badly. He had become a very quiet and content boy but is now clingy and cries incessantly.

My mum came to stay to help me out so that when I wasn't at work I could go out searching and not leave jagger on his own when he was also so stressed.

I'll be out with more leaflets soon offering a reward. I desperately want Hendrix home and am doing (and have done) as much as I possibly can.

His absence leaves a massive void in all our lives. I just wish jagger could talk and tell me what the hell happened.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:00 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clare,

I've been reading this thread over the last couple of days, with little to add that hasn't been said better than I could by others, hoping to drop in and find out that Hendrix has made his way home, I'm really sorry that hasn't happened yet.

You seem to have thought of all the obvious things to do in terms of getting the message out that he is missing and is very much missed, but one thing you posted had me thinking:

You say that someone is taking down the posters that you are putting up - I'd want to know exactly why that is happening and who is doing it - it may not be significant, perhaps someone doesn't want "untidy" lampposts, but it *could* be that someone has taken him in and doesn't want the neighbourhood to know that he doesn't belong to them. I would add something to the bottom of the posters to the effect of "please call me if this poster is a problem for you" and then underneath "if you see someone removing this poster please let me know - I want to talk to them".

He is such a handsome chap that someone somewhere will be caring for Hendrix, but I so hope that he is back where he belongs as soon as possible.

Simon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:00 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

That is a really interesting point Simon. You could be on to something. Are the lamp post posters in a concentrated area or spread around Clare? It would be good to do the reward leaflet drop through each and every letterbox where the lamp posts are. Usually posters for lost animals do not get taken down. A nice fat reward should loosen tongues if some lowlife scum has taken Hendrix. If you put that Hendrix has serious health issues it might just make someone think he is too much trouble and just pretend they have found him wandering to claim the reward. He just needs to come home to his family xx

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:20 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you Simon and Melissa

This was also mentioned to me by one of my friends. I didn't get permission, so I will contact the council before the new 'reward' posters go up. Then I will know if someone is deliberately removing them. They were all around the immediate vicinity and at the entrances to the park. I did think though when I saw posters for a missing cat previously they were up for a much longer time despite the fact when I looked at the council website that in my area these things are checked 6 days a week. I was surprised I wasn't contacted and fined though - although maybe they only do that if it is commercial flyposting.

Will be very glad when my voice comes back properly as although I call him all the time, just in case he went out of his home territory and is trying to find his way back, I don't think it will be carrying very far.

Thank you everyone for your concern and support. It is much appreciated right now xx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:49 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

A mail shot might be a good idea - you can either hand deliver, or you can go here: https://getaddress.io/ and put in local postcodes and get a list of addresses - a good flyer with pictures of Hendrix and plenty of info pointing out how loved and missed he is, asking for info and even where he's been seen before he went missing might lead at least on some clues where to search for him.

Seeing the picture of him with the mouse - is he a hunter - could he provide for himself, or would he be looking to humans with a can opener for his meals ? If the former, is there any woodland around you that he might gravitate to as a hunting ground ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He's only ever caught that mouse and a half dead rat that I know of. I'm not convinced he could provide for himself, although if times were desperate, who knows?

I'm going to see a cat that has turned up in someone's garden not too far from me at lunch time. From the very blurry picture I don't think it is him but it gives me hope someone may have spotted him in their garden and is feeding him but doesn't know how to trace his owner. This cat isn't wearing a collar, but Hendrix constantly loses collars so that's not a shock.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up especially as deep down I don't think its him, but its hard not to.

I've ordered the advertising campaign now - it offers a reward and says he has a medical condition and urgently needs medical care. Obviously I have already posted many leaflets through doors but a reward may do the trick. I should get that tomorrow and be able to get back out on the streets in the evening.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next