It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:49 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi everyone
We have a 13 year old female bengal - of late she has been very vocal and unsettled at night - she scratches on the doors, walls, sliding doors, meows loudly in the passage, sometimes I think she cries out in her sleep (the howl thing)....I have the bedroom door open but she does not choose to sleep on the bed, which a few months ago she was happy to do.
She has also stopped eating her dry food and hangs out for wet food at night - I have started mixing up pellets in the wet food to make sure she gets enough.
Other than that she seem happy - still likes hanging around outside and chasing stuff.
She gets a lot of affection from us so not sure what the issue is. I think she jyst does not like it when I sleep - I need to be awake to entertain her.
Any thoughts?
renate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Renate. Welcome to the forum! Your little lady is a senior bengal. Most bengals live an average of 12 to 15 years. If you haven't had her at the vet in the past year, I would set up an appointment just to have some blood work done and test the function level of the liver, kidneys, etc. Make sure there is no joint issues. The meowing could be pain related. Especially if she has only started doing this. You also mentioned she goes outside. There could be something out there -- a neighbor's cat maybe?

It is really annoying when your cat keeps you up all night long .... but I would definitely have her checked out, especially because her eating habits have changed as well. It's better to be safe than sorry.