It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:06 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:38 pm
Posts: 1836
spitspot wrote:
It sounds like you all need to join me in my happy place ,.......South of France :cool: and not a pesky Bengal in sight! The outlaws are looking after his lordship (Oscar) so I have a week off from being a Bengal butler! :rolleyes: I do miss him though :sad:


Ahh south of France, how nice! And the wine is not bad there either! Enjoy your vacation.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:45 am 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:42 pm
Posts: 640
Given the choice of working today in the south of Holland or holidaying in the south of France - where do I sign up for sunshine and delicious food ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:26 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 8149
Would anybody choose work over a nice vacation -- anywhere??? Those people would be CRAZY! LOL.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:54 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:38 pm
Posts: 1836
I opted for a staycation with 4-day weekends this summer. It was wonderful spending time with my fur babies. I'm glad I traveled during my younger years, because now, there's no place like home.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:43 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:42 pm
Posts: 640
I had a week and a half off with my mum visiting recently, and will take some time off at the end of this week as a result of the shopping that we did when she was over - a new oven and a wardrobe need sorting to go with the dining table, chairs and cat entertainment centre ficus tree.

( Americans might want to look away now ) That leaves me with only 24 days more leave until the end of the year. :-)

I'll take the monsters to the UK for a couple of weeks in September as my mum has a lovely thick cream coloured wool carpet that I know they'll enjoy. :stop:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:53 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:38 pm
Posts: 1836
cranberry wrote:
( Americans might want to look away now ) That leaves me with only 24 days more leave until the end of the year. :-):stop:


Wow, lucky you! After five years I am finally eligible for 3 weeks per year (15 days)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:40 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 8149
What are "vacation days"? When you're finally retired, they are ALL vacation days!!! I'm a real homebody! Not that I don't enjoy traveling, but I would much prefer the sanctuary of my house and having Raiden as my company.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:28 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:42 pm
Posts: 640
Only 22 more years to go until every day is a holiday.

:eek:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:17 am 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:26 pm
Posts: 724
I have told my husband I'm retiring next year. I think 45 is far too old to work! The France dream turned into a nightmare monday. We arrived Saturday and the lady told us something was wrong with the septic tank (ancient hillside villa) but toilets working ok (yeah right ). She could not get a plumber till Monday. The French plumbers do not do weekends and we had beaten them at rugby the Saturday before so they were not disposed to help us English ! Well lying round the pool with sewerage aromas wafting was not great. Finally sorted yesterday so we can eat outside thank goodness. The plumbers were lovely probably as they beat us at the return friendly rugby this Saturday!!!! Anyway kids not whining about the smell anymore and fridge groaning under the weight of rose wine. Back in England, Oscar is being pampered and loved the death. My father in law is possibly more in love with cats than me, which is saying something! All rules are suspended, Oscar can do no wrong and can go anywhere he likes ( tables , work tops ) apparently if I had not put my foot down they would be sharing plates too! :rolleyes: Oscar is sleeping with the father in law as he has told me I'm cruel to put him in his own room :sad: Oscar lets john sleep till seven whereas he was bouncing on my head at 4am when he slept with us in our bed, hence the ban! Where have I gone wrong and what kind of cat brat will I return too??????? Wine o'clock I think..........a big one!

_________________
Melissa

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:11 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:11 pm
Posts: 1178
spitspot wrote:
I have told my husband I'm retiring next year. I think 45 is far too old to work! The France dream turned into a nightmare monday. We arrived Saturday and the lady told us something was wrong with the septic tank (ancient hillside villa) but toilets working ok (yeah right ). She could not get a plumber till Monday. The French plumbers do not do weekends and we had beaten them at rugby the Saturday before so they were not disposed to help us English ! Well lying round the pool with sewerage aromas wafting was not great. Finally sorted yesterday so we can eat outside thank goodness. The plumbers were lovely probably as they beat us at the return friendly rugby this Saturday!!!! Anyway kids not whining about the smell anymore and fridge groaning under the weight of rose wine. Back in England, Oscar is being pampered and loved the death. My father in law is possibly more in love with cats than me, which is saying something! All rules are suspended, Oscar can do no wrong and can go anywhere he likes ( tables , work tops ) apparently if I had not put my foot down they would be sharing plates too! :rolleyes: Oscar is sleeping with the father in law as he has told me I'm cruel to put him in his own room :sad: Oscar lets john sleep till seven whereas he was bouncing on my head at 4am when he slept with us in our bed, hence the ban! Where have I gone wrong and what kind of cat brat will I return too??????? Wine o'clock I think..........a big one!


The exact reason my two are generally banned from the bedroom as well, jagger will wake up at 4.30am and think everyone else should be up! Bounces on me, then if I do my best to ignore him, attacks my feet, if that doesn't work, jumps on the chest of drawers and starts knocking everything off, and the guaranteed get me out of bed tactic is to start playing with the blinds!

Glad your holiday is now on the up! Take comfort in the fact you have better weather than the UK - I am off this week and it hasn't stopped raining! In the short week and a half Jon is back from sea, we are managing to achieve nothing... Not even a lie in as one or other of our asbo twins will start yowling outside the bedroom door just after 6am for breakfast and to be let out...

On that note, as I'm confined to barracks, where's that glass of wine gone? Oh and must speak to Jon and see how he would feel about me retiring as I'm 45 now... Otherwise it's another 20 years to go :cry:

_________________
Clare
Hendrix and Jagger, Brown Marble Boys (born 18 August 2013)
Hampshire, UK


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:44 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:26 pm
Posts: 724
45 is a perfect retirement age in my mind. Really don't understand why my husband does not agree! Sounds like you have double trouble in the Bengal sleeping stakes! How is that issue with Hendrix flexing his alpha muscles going?

_________________
Melissa

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:15 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 8149
Melissa ... seriously? You are vacationing in the south of France -- coincidence or dreamland? LOL. I retired in February and it's so wonderful not having to get up and do the work day thing. Hubby is still working and will through next year -- which means I have Raiden all to myself all day long. I wish I would have retired at 45, but I had to work another 20 years!

Septic problems are the worst!!! Glad they've been taken care of.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:01 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:26 pm
Posts: 724
Dreamland I think. Definitely another 20 yrs hard labour according to my grumpy husband! Oh well, it was nice dreaming sherry! Lovely to have raiden all to yourself for another year !

_________________
Melissa

UK
Oscar - Rescue (Rascal!!!) Bengal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:38 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:38 pm
Posts: 1836
I've got another 10 years to go and can't wait for every day to be a stay-at-home day!

Time to play the lottery ladies. We should all be able to retire and take care of lots of cats now.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:57 pm 
Offline
Asian Leopard Cat

Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:11 pm
Posts: 1178
spitspot wrote:
45 is a perfect retirement age in my mind. Really don't understand why my husband does not agree! Sounds like you have double trouble in the Bengal sleeping stakes! How is that issue with Hendrix flexing his alpha muscles going?


I've been really strict with routines and he seems to have settled down thank goodness! Jon is of course saying I'm mean but it works, boundaries are set which they are aware off and I'm doing my best to ensure nothing is disrupted so I don't have issues again when he leaves again next week. I have noticed that when I shut their cat flap for the night, they've been creating a bit since Jon has been home so clearly they know who the soft touch is lol

You'll have your work cut out when you get home now Oscar has been lording the manor in your absence lol

How do you keep him off the work tops by the way? Never succeeded on that, even my mum gave up and she has trained animals for years lol

Hope you've had a lovely sunny and stench free day :biggrin:

_________________
Clare
Hendrix and Jagger, Brown Marble Boys (born 18 August 2013)
Hampshire, UK


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by meemonkey