[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - One Fast Cat Wheel BEWARE
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:09 pm 
Senior Bengal

Hi....I purchased a "One Fast Cat" wheel last Thursday. Upon putting it together, my fingers were "pinched" in between the wheel and its base Rollerblade wheels that the wheel sits on. The wheel is quite heavy and when in motion (as it will be while the cat runs on it and also when the cat jumps off) the cat's tail can become crushed (or worse!). I immediately messaged the company on Facebook about my concern and they did not get back to me until 5 days later. They told me they have sold 3,000 wheels and haven't had one incident with a tail or paw getting crushed. I suggested they modify the wheel before an accident does happen. It is a new product. They told me that they do not plan to modify the wheel with a safety guard and if I want one, I should "do it myself." I was deeply troubled by this issue, so much so, that I will not allow my cats on the wheel. I couldn't sleep at night, waiting to hear one of them scream. I took the wheel off its track and laid it on the floor. I told the company that I wish to return it and was told that their return policy states that the wheel cannot be returned if it is not brand new in the original box. They would not take it back if it's been used at all. And, even then, there is a 30% re-stocking fee! They told me I should have read the return policy before I bought it. I am not so much concerned with my $249.00 as I am with the potential HAZARD it poses to cats! The blatant arrogance of this company and their unwillingness to modify their wheel needs to be shared. Research the different wheels before you buy THIS one. Notice the safeness of other wheels in the pictures, compared to One Fast Wheel. I know there are many happy customers and their cats love this wheel. I don't know how other people don't see what I see when their cat is on the wheel. My Bengal jumped off at full speed and her tail was inches from the base wheels. My other cat sat next to it while my Bengal was running, his tail touching the floor beneath the base. An incident has not happened (that we know of), but it is only a matter of time unfortunately. All thoughts are welcome! If I did not post this in the correct section, please re-direct. This needs to get out there! Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:23 am 
Senior Bengal

......and I want to add: if a cat's tail hangs over the edge of the wheel instead of being held in an upright position while he or she is running on the wheel, it is extremely dangerous. I guess this wheel would better serve the Manx breed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:55 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I've had a One Fast Cat wheel since January and Raiden has been on it with no problems at all. Of course, Raiden doesn't jump off the wheel when it's in motion. He stops walking and the wheel stops and he steps off. However, someone else here did complain about their cat's paw getting caught and I'm sure they notified the company. Most everyone's experience with the wheel has been good. I've watched countless videos of kitties (and a dog) running on the wheel with no problem. I'm sorry you had this happen. It does concern me about their customer service since Sean seemed to be great about answering our concerns on Kickstarter. Feel free to complain to the Better Business Bureau about them. And you may find a consumer affairs group to complain to that can actually force a change in the construction of the wheel. I'm pleased with the one for Raiden.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I think there are inconsistent results because they home assembled. They just blame the customer when they don't work exactly the same as the ones they assembled. I don't know if they receive videos of dud wheels de-railing or cats being flung off and getting hurt, but of course they are only going to post the cute successful ones. If I had it to do over, I would have ordered another cat tree, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have one of these wheels and other than the company being incredibly overwhelmed by the number of orders they received and then having a manufacturing error that caused further delays, the product and company have both been great in my experience.

I'm sorry about your finger and could see how you would be upset, however you say the company is being arrogant by not heeding to your demand to modify their product and that's simply ridiculous. There are 3,000 of these wheels being used without a single report of an accident except for your report of an accident that might happen. Accidents with pets can happen any time, anywhere.

I'm sorry if this makes me seem like a jerk, but this doesn't "need to get out there" just because you pinched your finger and are worried your cat might put his tail in the wrong place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:04 pm 
Senior Bengal

It's not just my finger. There are other incidents where cats have gotten their paws and tails run over. The company will not deny that this is impossible. It is a flaw in their design and they won't address it. It's a possibility that I do not want my cat or any cat to experience. I'm doing a public service by informing people of a possible hazard. If there was a "possible choking hazard" for a toy, would you buy it?? It would be recalled! If there was a possible sickness related to a food, would it not be recalled? C'mon!! You are not reading the negative reviews, albeit few. Do your research!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:05 pm 
Senior Bengal

Just because the wheel is affordable and the cats like it, doesn't mean it's problem free. It's new.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:15 pm 
Senior Bengal

Check the negative reviews on Amazon. There are several.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:19 pm 
Senior Bengal

I am not here to argue. I just wanted to let it be known that there is a safety issue with the design. I only had good intentions when I posted and you are creating drama. I guess you have too much time on your hands. :rolleyes:
Sean is building me a safety guard. Maybe that will set the standard for the future.
Have a good day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:15 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sheenasmom, obviously, you've gotten some type of response from Sean and he is working toward making you a happy customer. I think the issues you've stated are few and far between and 99% of the owners and cats are happy with their wheels.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:02 am 
Senior Bengal

I just want to update this. I spoke to Sean and he said my concerns were valid and he apologized for the way my issue was handled by his customer service reps. He said a few other people have contacted him about the same thing. He said this is prompting him to make a prototype wheel cover. I'm hoping this is the answer. He is sending me one next week. I will try it and let him know how it goes. Again, last night, my girl was running on the wheel, she stopped and sat down as it swayed to a halt. Her tail was hanging over the edge of the wheel and came within a inch of a roller blade. Then, my other cat started 'batting' at a roller wheel. That was it...I laid the wheel down for the night! Someone in another review who was also concerned said he bought stair treads and stuck them all around the edges of the wheel so they over-lapped the base, giving more distance between the running wheel and the roller wheels. I was thinking that solution would possibly make the wheel top heavy. I don't know.

I really want to love this wheel as much as Sheena does. I just want peace of mind when she is on it. In any event, I'm pleased that Sean is working with me on this issue. There may be a One Fast Cat, Edition 4 in the future! Good luck to all.....be safe.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:09 am 
Senior Bengal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You somehow got to the big boss here, and now he knows about his customer service department. You may have saved several fingers and cat tails and paws. I'm guessing Sean will offer this for sale for other owners who may be concerned. Raiden walks so slow on his ...... I don't think he could ever get caught on it. Let us know how this wheel cover works for you. Kudos for being persistent. I know your main concern is that your cats do not get injured while using the wheel.