[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Raiden isn't feeling well
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:08 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I absolutely love PetMed in Antioch, TN. Dr. Moore called me this afternoon to check on Raiden. Usually, it will be a vet tech checking on him. Raiden slept most of the day. I noticed his harness was looser this morning as he lost weight when he wasn't eating. No walk in the afternoon as it was just too hot! Hoping to see continued improvement for him. He even wanted to play a little tonight and kept insisting on getting belly rubs, so he is feeling better. He is getting more uncooperative when it comes to taking the medications.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm so glad he's feeling better! Hopefully all is going well with your eye too so you'll both be right as rain.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It is really hot out! I spent the past 4 days home with my kitties. They didn't spend much time at all outside. Yesterday they were surrounding me all day. One along side of me and the other on my lap. I had the best time with them! But it was back to the work routine this morning, and Blondie refused to come inside from the patio. It was a frustrating game that went on for close to an hour. I think they knew I was going back to work. Now I miss them!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:28 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I don't think it's quite as hot where you are Jill. We are under heat advisories daily with heat indexes of 105. I remember the nice cool breeze coming off the ocean down there. Raiden still isn't feeling 100%. He's sleeping most of the time. He better be feeling 100% or they won't do his dental cleaning and he really needs that. This morning, it was a fight to get his meds in him. He knows they are coming and he doesn't like them. Unforunately, we are only halfway home with them. I may have to get my husband to help hold him down.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Today the high is 92 with a 101 heat index. It is just sooo humid. We won't get a break until around Thanksgiving, maybe later. The next 3 months are the hottest here. Luckily we have been getting afternoon showers. That waters the lawn at least. I am not too far from the ocean, but when the breeze isn't blowing it's too hot for my cats.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:14 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

July and August are the hottest months in Nashville, so we still have one month to go. Took Raiden out for a walk this morning. He's finally got some "run" in his step. Meds went down so much better today! He's back to eating treats again. Just need to get his poop solid, which may take a few more days. We went out for about 10 minutes yesterday afternoon when the heat index was 103. We stayed in the shade the entire time. I would love to hibernate until the middle of September!

I just don't remember Florida as being too hot! Of course, I didn't have a cat who demanded walks in the heat and I probably stayed in the air conditioning 24/7. Raiden still goes out into his enclosure when it's really hot, although he may not stay out there for long.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Glad Raiden is feeling better and able to go on walks again.

Yes, it seems to get hotter every year down here. I have a 4 month old A/C and it has broken down 7 times now. I came home and it was off and on such a hot day! The tech left around midnight and said it needs a new mother board which they will install later today. I was miserable last night. I can only imagine how my babies felt. Blondie never left my side. I closed up the house to keep the humidity out and left them on their lounger beds in front of the fan. The temp felt the same as outside this morning and they tolerate that every morning just fine. Hopefully this A/C will be fixed for good this time. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have a wall a/c up in this room where my computer is and they are supposed to be by tomorrow afternoon to fix it! Certainly gets warm up here with the computer and printer on. I lived in Florida for many years without a/c when I was a kid. Can't imagine how on earth we ever lived without one. They didn't even have paddle fans back then. Hope you get your a/c back up and running.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

We're in Jax... The last few years have been ridiculous. Actually had a week of heat advisories between 105 and 115. Actual temp were around 105 at the beginning of July. We had the air conditioner go out at the end of June and both of our boys got really lethargic, refused food, drank tons of water and laid on the tile for two days. My hubs works from home, so luckily they were monitored, but he was ill from it too.

Totally off topic, but I hope Raiden keeps heading upwards!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:33 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My A/c is working again! My cats were jumping for joy last night! Thank goodness for modern inventions.

Sherry, do you get your temporary lens off today?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:09 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Jill, I did get that stupid lens taken out today. The doctor was so pleased with how fast the eye has healed! The middle of the lens dissolves to help the eye heal and the entire center was gone! Still have to go back in two weeks for a final checkup. Today, he asked if I wanted to do the other eye! NO!

Raiden is really fighting the meds right now. Have 3 more doses to give of each and we are done! He has a bounce back in his step now and even ate nearly all the dry food I had in his bowl, so his mouth is feeling better too. He used the litter box at some point during the night and I couldn't tell about his stool since he covered it up and it was pretty well clumped.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:02 am 
Bengal Cat

So sorry to hear this. Vet keeping him for the rest of the weekend might not be a bad idea. You Should give time top rest and also times to get a handle on his problem.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:12 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Raiden is off his medications now and feeling back to his old howling self!!! Teeth cleaning on Friday. I hope I can tolerate him feeling a little sore for a couple of days. Am trying to decide if I want to attempt brushing his teeth! There is a video out there of a cat who loves to have its teeth cleaned. Not sure it will work for Raiden.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My last cat had very bad teeth when I adopted her. She had to have one of her fangs pulled as it was loose and the rest were covered with plaque, bleeding gums, etc. She was so good the vet didn't even have to put her to sleep to scale her teeth! I tried cleaning her teeth every week for about a year, and she really put up a struggle for me. I eventually gave up and over time her gingivitis went away. She just needed some TLC.

I can't imagine cleaning Grace's teeth. I can't even cut her nails. Blondie would never let me do it either. Thankfully they are young and the vet commented how clean their teeth are.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:10 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

They are going to have to put Raiden under in order to clean his teeth or it would take several days to get through it. He fights like a lion! Hopefully, there will be no extractions, but who knows. He's got 8 years of build up there.