[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Bengal and affection
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bengal and affection
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just curious about everybody's bengal personality . I feel like I have 2 cats. Throughout the day she is a complete terror. Running around climbing jumping playing with taps all the typical Bengal stuff then at night she is a love bug. She will snuggle with me for hours she will sleep on my lap or beside me on the sofa. Through the night she has her own cushion on the bottom of my bed and she stays on it all night! (Rarely she will get up to play during night) I can pick her up too and her body is relaxed but when she is having her mad half hour and her eyes are dilated I wouldn't even get near her she would zoom off. She is 2 cats lol she is lying on me just now and got me wondering about other Bengals

Post subject: Re: Bengal and affection
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:17 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

This is she as I type and another on her little cushion bed

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by misty on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:28 am 
Bengal Kitten

Shaka is very similar. He can be an utter nutter running up the walls one minute then very affectionate and docile the next. He'll do it at anytime though. Usually he'll run around like mad soon after eating or drinking water. He lets me pick him up at anytime though and likes being carried draped over my arm.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:35 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Beautiful kitty! My Raiden is 8 years old and I've had him for just over 2 years. He's quite affectionate but hates being picked up and will not sit on my lap. He's highly territorial when it comes to neighborhood cats. He really isn't a wild child. His previous owner didn't pay him much attention and Raiden was allowed to roam outside. I think he's mellowed since being with me, and he is getting older. He is the sweetest kitty I've ever had.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ada, although at first a little distant, starts each morning off by running out of her room and skidding to a halt 2 feet later with her tail up demanding a stroke, she runs around like a crazy cat a few times a day, but has always been very easy to pick up and keen to keep me properly groomed - if my forehead/ears/nose are within reach, they'll get licked until they are properly cat-clean. In the evenings she will pad me for ages, purring, before settling on my lap.

Babbage is, according to my mum, "a total cuddles tart". It takes nothing to get him on his back waving his paws in the air whilst he gets tummy tickles and he loves to be held in my arms whilst he pads me - at one stage my arm looked like I was self-harming because there were dozens of little cuts around the inside of my elbow where he had padded me with his claws out. He bounces up on my knee a few times a day and just as often onto the desk between me and my computer, head-butting me, burying his head into my chest, purring.

Both of my cats are very easy to pick up. Sometimes they'll get straight down again, but often they will stay either cradled in my arms or draped over my shoulder as long as the cuddles keep coming. Both are carried to bed in the evening ( they sleep in their own room ), but that is more about the practicality of getting 2 bengals in one room at the same time. I carry him in, close the door, then start playing a game of chase with Ada until I am allowed to catch her and carry her to bed.

They are also very affectionate towards each other- their play reminds me of Tom and Jerry - they run and chase and wrestle and anything that gets in the way is just collateral damage. In the midst of all this bitey-fighty wrestling they'll stop, groom each other, then try and pull each other's ears off/zoom off into another room. They'll often sleep together too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:29 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

My Bengal is a busybody, running around the house, playing, getting into stuff. She will come "check in" with me every so often for a quick scratch and then she is off again. The only exception is if I am asleep. Then she will cuddle up, purr, knead, and snuggle. When I wake up, she will stick around for snuggles top. I did notice the same hot/cold behavior with my previous Bengal as well.

Your Bengal is a cutie! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bri, that's odd that your bengal doesn't want to spend every waking hour next to you! Mine follows me around and has to be in the same room as me. If I'm up in the bonus room at the computer, he's usually sleeping behind my chair. I feel as if I have a shadow at times.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:24 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks for your replies. Throughout the day she might be anywhere in the house sometimes I don't see here for a couple hours . sometimes I hear her banging around destroying something she only really follows me when she wants fed :lol: