[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Snow development Q's
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Snow development Q's
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:32 am 
Bengal Kitten

Meet Titus, we just got him 2 weeks ago. His dad is a silver rosetted bengal and his mom is a mi bengal. I think Titus is a seal lynx point as he has deep blue eyes. A little back story, Titus' mom stopped nursing him at 2 weeks and the breeder nursed him for 3 weeks but due to some personal problems she had to rehome the kittens, so Titus is very young. He seems smaller than what should be a 7 week old kitten. The breeder had a very long phone convo with me about Titus' situation until she felt comfortable that he would be okay in my home and she did say he is the runt but I have my reservations.. My oriental shorthair has some pretty good mama skills and she's doing well taking care of him when he isnt in his safe room, although she overdoes the peepee grooming and he will pee on the couch! I supplement his food with formula. He is thriving and growing like a weed!

So my questions are about his coat, right now he is fluffy and I can not see any markings unless I'm above and behind him then I can slightly see he is marbled. Is this characteristic of a seal lynx point only or could he possibly be a mink like his mom? Does the silver have anything to do with him being white? Every day he does seem to get darker.

Will his eyes brighten up, they reflect red so I know he has true blue eyes but they are dark. Both of his parents eyes are green which is weird that he has blue eyes but other than his parents I know nothing on his genetics and I won't get papers until he is fixed.

How long does the fluff last?

Is it normal to have webbed front feet but not webbed back feet?

His nose is very slightly pink in the middle, will that turn red or is a dark nose common?

I remember reading someones post about paw pads are supposed to be black but his are kind of a chocolate color not really black.

Do snows normally have mascara?

Can any snow owners please post pics of your snows when they were little?

He kind of has a little waddle in his walk, is that just because he is young? We got our other cat at 6 months so I'm really unsure what to expect with a kitten this young.

Latstly, is a snow coat texture different from a brown bengal?

Sorry for the overload! Here are a few pics of Titus.

Screenshot_2015-06-21-20-43-33~02~01~01.png20150621_203828~01~01.jpg
Screenshot_2015-06-21-20-43-19~01.png20150613_174951~01~01.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Snow development Q's
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new baby! You've asked a lot of questions and I'm not an expert on snows. Your little one is beautiful. I believe the markings will be more pronounced as he grows. There are a lot of variations when it comes to the bengal breed, so don't be too concerned. I'm guessing you have papers on this little guy. The pads on the paws can actually be several colors -- but most are black. With a lighter cat, it's possible the pads are lighter. There is really no way to know how your little boy will develop, especially since he was so tiny and you got him so early. There are people on here who have snows and may be able to offer you more information. Enjoy the little guy!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Your little guy is so cute. He looks like a SLP marble to me, but it's hard to tell when they are so young. They are born almost white and their color continues to develop for 2 years. It's like a flower blooming. Every week you will see subtle changes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:16 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:21 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks for the responses and sorry for the overload. I guess I got a bit carried away as I really don't know what to expect.

It's like waiting for christmas, every day he changes a little and I can't wait to see what will happen. Some pics I put are screenshots of a video I took of him and let me just say its hard to do him justice.

Diesel looks fantastic! I think its really neat how his markings are kind of ombré :) is his coat "pelt like" I know Titus is in his fuzzy stage and his fluff feels like a baby bunny.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:36 pm 
Bengal Kitten

20150617_150136~01~01.jpg20150617_142844~01~01~01.jpg20150607_104411~01~01.jpg

Heres a few more pics of Titus' eyes and him sleeping with his tongue sticking out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What a sweet face and those beautiful blue eyes!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:08 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

His coat is very pelt like, it doesn't feel like any of the other cats. It's like petting an expensive fur coat.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:54 pm 
Bengal Cat

Luna- 2yr snow marble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:46 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Beautiful kitties, Misti_cat. Great answers to the poster's questions.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Luna looks great! I love watching the markings develop. Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:18 am 
Bengal Kitten

Misti_cat

I know your kitties from youtube! Lol I had searched snow bengals and saw the video of Luna and Simba getting their treats. Luna is incredibly beautiful and I love Simba's big eyes :) I ended up watching a few vids and Luna is really developing dramatically.

Titus is definitely changing every day, his nose is lightening up in the center and i can very faintly make out his swirls. His eyes have been changing colors. I think he might be a silvered snow because he is more gray than brown but I guess it will be a long time to find out!

I took some pics this weekend, he would sniff the air and peel his teeth back to really smell the air. He is super fuzzy! Around what age did yalls bengals loose the fuzz?

20150628_133423~01~01~01~01.jpg
20150628_185418~01~02.jpg20150628_185338~01~01~01.jpg20150628_212806~01~01.jpg20150628_185131~01~01.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It's interesting in some pictures Titus is quite light and then in another, you can see the markings clearly. The fuzzies will last a while longer, but his pelt will be beautiful!!! He is just super precious!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I love his little bottle brush tail! So cute.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:48 pm 
Bengal Cat

Oh that's made me really smile thank you!!

Titus is such a little cutie and is going to be absoloutly stunning when he grows up!

Luna- 2yr snow marble