[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Opinions Please? Sad.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Opinions Please? Sad.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:35 pm 
Bengal Kitten

We don't know the kitten's (his name is Exuberance Jynkins), birthday anymore. When we adopted him he was either 8 weeks old or 9 weeks old. The breeder said the mother's milk was going ''sour'' and it wasn't healthy for the kitten. Really? It was because the mother was pregnant again. (His site states that the mother already has give birth this month so it all adds up as to why the mother was really seperated).

Anyways,
The breeder's site stated the kitten's birthday to be January 9th 2015. But when we received the kittens color test and vet papers, it said the date of birth was actually December 29th 2014.
But the kitten's birthday on his Tica papers is February 1st 2015 (The breeder said he changed it to this birthday because a Texas breeder had adopted a sibling kitten and wanted it to be a different birthday). Why? I do not know?...

It was all suspicious from the start anyways. My friend signed a receipt for the non-refundable deposit instead of the contract when he first met the kitten. That was already a mistake. I couldn't understand why the breeder didnt just print the contract WHICH is already on his site. He lied saying he couldn't find the contract so instead printed a receipt for my friend. My friend asked will we get his papers and are they registered? The breeder responded yes, nothing to worry about.

Upon pick-up the contract was different than the site. Stating that the kitten is under 12 weeks old and hasn't had all shots, etc. The Tica papers was not stated in the contract (so obviously this contract was much different than the one on his site).
The next day my friend politely demanded for the Tica papers for the kitten. Of course he got it...but only if the kitten's birthday was put down as February 1st 2015.

Does this breeder need to be reported? My friend is thinking about it. But my friend feels like it was his fault for supporting such a breeder.... :( Sad...

He is now, MAYBE, 3.5 Months old and at a nice weight of 6.2 pounds! He is active and very playful but does not like too much human interaction or else he will start running away. Exu is what we call him by :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Whatever his age, he is beautiful. My cats' birthday is tomorrow, at least that's what the paperwork from the rescue place says. I think they guess, but they will celebrate it tomorrow anyway…with special treats. Gee if I got my cats from a breeder, I would want to know the actual day with certainty.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:40 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Happy early birthday to your cat :D !!!!!! And a long happy life !!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:00 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Yeah, he is gorgeous! Enjoy him! Don't pressure him, play with him a lot, and he will likely become more sociable with you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Doesn't sound like the most reputable of breeders. On Raiden's blank TICA papers, the birthdate was on there as the litter was registered (under litter number: SBT 032507 Y (birthdate 3/25/2007). The breeder should not alter any of the information on the cat. If they are part of a breeder's association, you can file a complaint and see what happens. An accurate birthday needs to be reported to have on the medical records for the cat. And ... there is a huge difference between a birthdate of December 29 and February 1. That's more than four weeks of the kitten's life.

Unfortunately, you live and learn. Your kitty is gorgeous ... but any breeder who will not allow a queen to recuperate after giving birth before getting her pregnant again is a running a kitty mill. This is so sad for the female.

Enjoy your kitty.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:53 pm 
Bengal Kitten

What a beautiful cat!!!