[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - [Q] Choosing a breeder
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: [Q] Choosing a breeder
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:37 am 
Bengal Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

As you know, anyone can put up a website and say what they want on it. I'm not in the UK, but the one thing you can do is visit the breeder and see for yourself. This is REALLY important. You can meet the kitties as well. Based on the information that I read, they appear legitimate, but the real test is to set up a visit and carefully see what is going on. You can also put them in a google search and see if there is anything positive/negative floating around on them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I just looked at their website, these guys are clearly not backyard breeders. Backyard breeders don't scan for HCM and offer to take care of the neutering, or offer insurance, plus all the other stuff they offer. Plus they have some really exotic looking kittens. If it were me, I would definitely strongly consider them, but like Sherry said, the one thing you want to check out yourself if you can, is to see how what sort of environment the kittens are raised in, and how well socialized they are. And even better if you can meet the prospective kitten(s) before making a commitment.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:36 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

They look legit to me. I am VERY picky about breeders and they would qualify as a reputable breeder to me. The cats and kittens all look great and we'll taken care of. With any breeder, it's of great importance that you visit(if possible) to see for yourself how the kittens are raised. If they are well socialized and if the breeder has the paperwork to prove their cats have all of the testing they claim to, I would jump on the opportunity!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:24 am 
Bengal Kitten

Okay thanks guys.
We are hopefully going to visit in the next few days.. My mum is having second thoughts about the bengal breed though..... since they are so active.
I have read a lot about them in the past few days.. and she is just concerned about how active/ mischievous they are.

She has had cats all her life.. and so have I.. but they were normal domestic cats.. We are a family of 4, no kids. Do bengal cats need attention almost 24/7? Do you need a lot of energy to own one? I don't want my mum feeling tired looking after him (we all will look after him but my mum will do most of it)

thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The bengal breed is quite active! That's not a bad thing. As long as you have lots of interactive toys and cat trees, you should be fine. With wand toys, you can pretty much sit and let the toy and the cat do all the work. All kittens are extremely hyper. You will find the bengal will be more social than your regular domestic cat. They insist on attention, want to be with their humans, and will more than likely sleep with you at night. When you visit the breeder, you should be able to see how the cats there interact with people and how they are in their environment. If you feel they are acting way too active for your tastes, you might want to find another breed of cat.

You can always train the kitty walk on a harness and leash and take walks outside. There are all types of cat enclosures (portable, permanent, large, small) that you can get so your cat can enjoy the outdoors safely and all the chasing of the bugs that come with it. LOL Almost all owners of Bengals love the breed. You won't find a sweeter kitty. Let us know how things go when you visit the breeder.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:43 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I am shocked to see our name and website coming up as potential back yard breeder
WE ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT , Jealousy to tarnish our name and reputation brings to mind
Unlike 98% of breeders out there , we pay TAX and all our litters are declared to the HMRC
We also register ALL OF OUR KITTENS WITH TICA AND GCCF and do not let them go until 12 weeks old NEUTERED to avoid our line/pedigree BEING USED BY BACK YARD BREEDER
You have clearly NOT read our website , please learn the definition of Back Yard Breeders ... Its not because my advert is at the top ( WE PAY A FEE FOR THIS ) that it makes us a bad breeder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I agree with what Brian said!

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:17 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello
Many thanks to the people who have commented to support us , we are in no way Back Yard Breeders
We try and do everything possible to ensure the health of our cats and kittens , from comfy beds to PK Def/HCM screening on all our adult cats
All Our kittens leave with what you have mentioned including a 24months health guarantee so thank you for posting this

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:09 am 
Bengal Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:29 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I really can't see anything wrong with Redfxsl's post.

She (assuming she is a she!) stated in her post "everything appears tip top and above board". In fact you should be happy that a potential owner is being so careful. It shows that she takes the responsibility of owning a Bengal very seriously indeed.

I can understand you being upset and wanting to 'clear your name' it's only natural but please try and see if from her point of view. If I was looking to get another Bengal I may well do the same and seek advice from here.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:48 am 
Bengal Kitten

Thats fine eggman but the post states after reading on backyard breeders forum I am being careful , this was an assumption that our name appeared in there , we had to scroll through the whole thread to see if our name was indeed there .
This person has not contacted us and we allow anyone to come and visit us at anytime with no obligation , our kittens are all reserved before 12 weeks old because we have a long waiting list and owners who are coming back for a second or third kitten ...
We pride ourselves in doing everything TIP & Top conditions and it should not be an alarming because we have a nice website and our advert comes on top
Unless you go and visit the breeder you do not know what they are like and we would advise this 100% before committing to a bengal , the way they are brought up will define the rest of their lives

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:39 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Maejuellie, I can understand your concerns completely and if I would have been seeking advice about a Breeder I wouldn't have put a web address in the post as obviously that has implications for your reputation. I would have rather just asked for recommendations.

I think many of us have not thought posts through completely beforehand and then regretted them. I know I have always putting my foot in it :mrgreen: and I am sure there wasn't any malice involved here.

Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat