[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - my kitty has no sound
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: my kitty has no sound
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:57 am 
Bengal Kitten

was just wondering if anyone knows whats wrong i just bought 2 bengals 1 male and 1 female when my male tries to meow nothing comes out my female is loud as heck he is alot nicer than her but i was wondering why there is no sound when he meows

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Have you ever heard him meow? My two are for the most part silent but make sounds with their mouths closed. High pitched whines and mmmmm sounds as if they had duct tape over their mouths. It's like a ventriloquist act trying to guess where the sound is coming from. When I bring them home from the vets, they meow their heads off in the car so I know they are capable of it. I think the other cats in the back teach them how. The only time around the house my girls mutter a sound is at feeding time and that is because I meow and try to get them going.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:05 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

One of our moggies lost her voice - she would open her mouth to meow but there was no sound - I took her in to the vet and she had a throat infection. If you've recently brought them home you should probably have them both checked over by a vet to make sure they're in tip top health.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:41 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

One of my boys had an upper respiratory infection when he was a very young kitten and that caused him to lose much of his voice. He still vocalizes plenty but sometimes it sounds like a heavy sigh rather than a meow, chirp or any of the many other sounds my other Bengals make. Sometimes he can let out a full meow, even pretty loud, but it sounds like a kitten rather than an adult cat.

Health-wise he's totally fine though. I'd get your kittens checked out to be sure but I wouldn't worry too much. For me, it's actually pretty nice that one of my three bengals doesn't make so much noise. They can be VERY noisy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I appears you just got these bengals, so it could be anything. Most breeders recommend you take your bengals to the vet immediately upon taking possession of them. This will start a medical record on them. Bengals are quite vocal -- as you've discovered with your female. Your male should be the same. Enjoy the peace and quiet because he may discover he has the roar of a lion.

Congratulations on your bundles of joy.