[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Success at last!!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Success at last!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:46 pm 
Bengal Kitten

My last post a while back was a bit of a plea for help with Ralph as he was 'going' everywhere but his litter tray. It seems keeping two types of litter down has cured this!! Wood pellets and the clay stuff.

We are now 3 months clear of any serious issues with him!!

On another note, I'm about to take in a Toyger from the same rescue house that I got Ralph from.

Will post pics once he's here on tuesday!! I took ralph over to meet him today and they got on ok for a first meet!

Roll on Tuesday!!!!

Post subject: Re: Success at last!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

:thumbup: on getting the potty issue resolved. Does he seem to be using 1 for pee and 1 for poop or does it just depend on his mood?

Congratulations on the new addition. Make sure and give the new kitty a safe room, even though they got along okay at the rescue it may take time once the new kitty is on Ralph's territory.

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Congratulations on getting Ralph to use the litter boxes. Bringing in a new kitty could bring back the bad behavior. You took Ralph over to the other place to meet the kitty. It will be a whole different ball game when the new kitty comes into Ralph's territory. Don't expect it to go smoothly immediately. As someone mentioned, you should keep them separated for a while. Your new kitty will have to get used to new smells, new people and a new kitty who has had the place to himself now for a long while. I commend you for rescuing these kitties and hope there are no problems in their getting along.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:17 am 
Bengal Kitten

I've been swapping bits of scented clothing between them for a week or so now which made the introduction of Ralph to the other two much easier. I've bought a feliway diffuser for upstairs and down and I've arranged the back bedroom so he can have a hideaway.
I've found that the scent swapping has been the key to smooth introductions in the past and hope that this will be similar. Neither Ralph of Tony (the new lad) show any overt aggression which is good as I wouldn't consider a feisty character to introduce.

I've managed to take a few days off from tuesday when he comes home to spend the time with them and make gradual introductions.

Fingers crossed!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:20 am 
Bengal Kitten

as for Ralph's toilet habits - He seems to change his mind on which stuff he wants to favour. With the big trays that I got, he can dig around without getting stressy about it without running out of room. The small (usual size) trays we had I think unnerved him as when he stood on the edge they moved a bit.
With regular walks on Dartmoor he is getting lots of exercise too which seems to settle him, though he's not keen on the cold wind!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:40 am 
Bengal Kitten

Thats great news !! Bengals can be very particular in what they do their business in lol
I have a boy who refuses wood pellet and prefer clay