[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Hair shedding issues
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hair shedding issues
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:46 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hello
We have had Seb for 4 months now and he is 7 months old. When we first got him I could barely see any of his hair around the house, on clothes etc. He basically never shed anything. The last week or so he is shedding an awful lot, it's making my allergies come back and I am not sure why it has suddenly started to happen. It is winter here in the UK at the moment.

Has anyone else encountered a similar experience with their bengals? How can it be prevented? Will it stop?

Thanks Everyone

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Hair shedding issues
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

My Raiden doesn't shed much at all until spring when the weather gets warmer. Bengals are known for less shedding. However, they will still shed excessive due to certain reasons..... such as hormones, anxiety, poor grooming, and changes in the weather depending on where you live. The best thing may be for you to have someone else brush your bengal and get rid of he loose hairs so you're not breathing them.

You have a spectacular bengal. I would definitely not have a problem sneezing for him! LOL. I know it's not really funny ... but that face .... how can one not love that handsome face.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That is one handsome cat! My two are 9 months old and don't seem to shed at all. Maybe it is diet related? I rarely brush mine and when I do, nothing seems to come out. I do it more as a bonding activity and massage.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:31 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thank You :). He is definitley worth sneezing for haha. We got him spayed around 6 weeks ago and the weather has been really cold and windy recently, it sounds very loud in my house so maybe it could be stressing him. We have kept him on the same diet as the breeder, feeding him raw and good quality kitten food pouches, so I don't think it is his diet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:19 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm in the UK too and I've noticed Dexter shedding a bit more too. He is a Snow Bengal so probably his hairs are a bit more noticeable though.

I usually run my hands under water and then over this coat to remove any hairs. Apparently that's how you groom short haired cats such as Burmese etc so I just do it with him too.

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:02 am 
Bengal Cat

When mine were 7 months old they rarely shed. Now that they're 10 months old they're shedding when I brush them, especially the female :(. I have just come to accept it.