[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - One fast cat wheel
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: One fast cat wheel
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:06 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I found this from January 8 on their FaceBook:
Here's the newest update on the pre-orders placed before December 29th: The replacement parts have left San Francisco and are expected to arrive in port tomorrow. Once they arrive then we have to wait for them to be unloaded and then a trucker to become available to bring them to us. As for the second load, which has been unloaded, we are simply waiting for a truck to become available for them to come to us. These delays are caused by the congestion, and we are trying to move things along as fast as we can. Thank you immensely for everyone's patience. We can not express the depth of our gratitude!

Clyde, Bleu & Coal - Great Danes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I know we are getting anxious! But, I'm guessing they should be shipping them out by the end of the month. I guess they did ship some out when they first got them and that's how they discovered one of the parts was misshaped. I'm hoping Raiden loves the wheel once it arrives.

What I have noticed on Kickstarter is that most of the funded projects are delayed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

They posted another update on FB:
We want to confirm we have begun to ship some wheels. We are still waiting on more parts to arrive off of the CSCL Winter to send out all the wheels we have waiting in the warehouse. The CSCL Winter is currently anchored outside the Port of Los Angeles waiting to be received so it can unload the parts. The wheels being sent out will work as intended, and once we receive the parts we will be able to send out wheels that needed new side tracks. We are starting with our kick starter backers first who have been very patient with us.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:35 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Last night I received two notifications -- one from FedEx that shipping information has been received and one from One Fast Cat saying the wheel is shipping. Takes a while to get here from California! I am so stoked!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sherry did you order from Kickstarter or from One Fast Cat Wheel website? I ordered from the website and I looks like Kickstarter backers are receiving theirs first. I can't wait to get this thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:45 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

There is a new video on their Facebook from a customer and the kitty sure seems to like it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I was number 653 on Kickstarter! According to the shipping info, it's supposed to be here Saturday, but I honestly don't think FedEx ground delivers on Saturday, so it may be Monday! I did see the video of that kitty on it! I'm hoping Raiden takes to it quickly. He's so curious about everything new that comes into the house, so I know he'll be all over it, but will he WALK in it! I hope to take a video as well. I fear the wheels will be noisy and that he will decide to hop on it at 3 a.m. and wake us up! Would have been nice to have added a lock on it so it won't move between midnight and 6 a.m.

I know they are shipping to their backers on Kickstarter first ... but they say they will have those shipped in two weeks and then start shipping for those who ordered on their website. I'll post an update once we get ours and have it assembled and our bengal is running on it like the wind!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I guess I could just lay it down on the floor or move it into a bedroom and close the door. Raiden is really good at waking up during the night, eating, and coming back to sleep! He's really such a good kitty! I just want him to enjoy and use the wheel. Depending on how sturdy it is, I may have to lay it down while I'm at work just so he doesn't make it fall and hurt himself. We'll see once we have it set up. I can't wait!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The cat wheel was delivered today, right on schedule! I'll let the hubby put it together and we'll see how quickly Raiden takes to it. He loves his treats, so I'll try that if he doesn't want to walk on it on his own. I'll let you know how the assembly goes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Let us know how it goes. I got a laser pointer to use as an incentive.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:51 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Putting the cat wheel together was interesting. You will need a mallet in order to make sure the pieces fit flat together. It probably took 25 minutes to get it together. Their advice about the pads -- spacing them 1/8" is good because you will be left with this huge gap at the end and the pads have adhesive to hold them to the track. My husband just placed them gently on the track and spaced them out before actually pressing them down.

Raiden got on the track and just stood there -- even with a treat as an incentive. This morning I tried the laser pointer after spraying the wheel with catnip. He got on it and started walking but was startled by the movement, so he got off. Obviously, he's not a typical bengal who loves the wheel. He really wanted to use the track as a scratching post!

It is fairly quiet running (at least for the rotations we turned it) and it is quite sturdy. I don't think it will fall over. I'll be trying again with the treats as well as moving the location around a bit to see if he will use it. If not, then where can I get a giant hamster? LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:50 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Aww I hope he takes to it.

I saw on their FB that one person's cat would not use it while it was in the middle of the room, once she moved it to where one side was close to the wall the cat used it just fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I have mine in front of the fireplace, just off the wall. I did try again yesterday and he walked on it while I enticed him with a treat. I'd stop and let him have one and then let him walk for another. He didn't seem to mind the rotation of the wheel, but he may have been concentrating on the treat in my hand. Will do more tonight. He may prefer walking the other way on it. I don't know. He loves his treats, so I hope to get him used to having to use the wheel to get any. I'll see if the hubby will take a video.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That's awesome Sherry!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next