[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Introducing myself!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:16 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I noticed no one else had done this yet... so I guess I'll be the first. :)

My name is Dawn, and I've been interested in bengals for quite a long while now. What a fascinating breed!!!

I'll be picking up my very first bengal cat on May 29th - I'm so excited! I've already made the deposit, etc... he's an absolutely lovely silver male from Calcatta Bengals. (http://www.calcatta.com) Many thanks to Christina Dahleen!

I will post photos of him in the gallery.

I could pick him up now, but I'll be gone for a week this month to attend my fiance's twin's wedding that is all the way across the country. I have two cats at home already, and I don't want them stressing out over a new cat while we're gone, nor do I want the new cat locked in a room by itself for a week. Waiting will be much better for all of us, although the anticipation is really getting to me!

I'll finally be able to call myself a proud bengal owner.

*bliss*

http://www.nutkitty.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:45 am 
Welcome to the forums Dawn - we are getting our kittens at the end of June and we are just as excited as you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:50 pm 
Senior Bengal

I guess I'll go next (pretty silver, BTW)

My name is Athena, and I run AthensCats Bengals, here in occasionally sunny Ohio. It's a small cattery, but I've been researching for 4 years, and trying to get the best queens possible to start with. I've just sold my first kitten, and his new peole LOVE him, but he was the sweetest cat ever. He'd curl up on your foot if you stood still too long, he's definetly a people cat.

Right now I have one spayed queen, who's going to be my forever loving pet, wish she could have had another litter, but she just had too many complications to put her through that stress again. My new girls won't be having kittens until next year, but I'll be showing them in the meantime.

I'm also caring for a pregnant queen owned by a breeder friend of mine, so I'll be posting kitten pics in a couple of days, hopefully :D

Here's a cute pic of a few of the "kids" that share my home. Wish I could sleep like that!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:49 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi everyone,
My name is Jessie and my cattery is BraveHeart. We are currently located in SE Wisconsin, but hopefully not for long! We are looking at relocating down to central Kentucky where we found a house on some acerage that we want to purchase. One problem, as always - finding jobs! :blink:

We are a small to medium in-home cattery with 5 females, including an F2, and one stud (soon to be 2!) and one litter on the way. My main cattery focus is on the marbled bengals - I just LOVE the patterns! We have mainly been focusing on brown but we have a snow stud on the way and we know one of our females carries for snow for sure.

Jessie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:29 am 
Bengal Kitten

HI everyone!
My name is Jennifer and I am a bengal owner. I have two kids of the bengal line a blue girl and a brown leapord ..both spotted. Both of my kids were rescued through Larry of Swanee Bengals. I have since been trying to buy from a breeder,, tho it seems my luck has not been as good as everyone elses. I found after 4 months in watching a kitten grow, last minute Breeder changed mind on selling him. She did not feel he would adjust to children.

I have done lots of resherch on the breed and curently am haveing a handyman look over cat-tree desighns. I will be shure to send in to Gavin once we get it..though it may be a while..the handyman seemed rather busy and this would be a side project for him.

Currently I am wanting a Silver, or Snow color..I cant even look at browns at this time..as my heart was just broken with the sale mentioned above falling through. Who knows what the furture will hold hopefully I will have a kitten at the end of this month from a breeder keep your fingers crossed for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 2:14 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi Jennifer,
Larry was the one who got me started in in bengals. He breeds in addition to his rescue and maybe you could talk with him and see if he has any kittens available right now that interest you? At least that way you would be working with someone who fully understands your situation and won't be backing out at the last second. Its worth a shot. His main stud is a snow (mink) and so he may have some snow kittens available in the future...

Jessie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 2:24 pm 
<!--QuoteBegin-Jennifer+May 7 2004, 03:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jennifer @ May 7 2004, 03:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> HI everyone!
My name is Jennifer and I am a bengal owner. I have two kids of the bengal line a blue girl and a brown leapord ..both spotted. Both of my kids were rescued through Larry of Swanee Bengals. I have since been trying to buy from a breeder,, tho it seems my luck has not been as good as everyone elses. I found after 4 months in watching a kitten grow, last minute Breeder changed mind on selling him. She did not feel he would adjust to children.

[/quote]
Hi Jennifer,

That is awful, I can understand how you would not trust breeders anymore after that. I too would be heartbroken if that happened to me. Once you have chosen your kitten/s you do bond to them straight away and I think for someone to do that, it is quite unprofessional.

I wish you luck finding a new addition to your family. I would definately ask Larry about possibly kittens, he sounds like someone who would not let you down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 1:17 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi everyone,
I just jumped in and started making responses to a lot of the topics that interest me, and I am familar with. ** sorry **

I am just a middle aged "cat lady" who has lived with indoor cats since 1980, when I finally bought my first house. Previously I have always chosen rescues -- often those with "issues" or health problems, who would need EXTRA love and care.
I have had one cat - who was blind from birth (but he was still a wonderful companion) He has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.. but will always own part of my heart.
And another who was separated from mommy at 4 days of age when she dropped him into a culvert and couldn't get him out. A neighbor heard him mewing when she went to her mailbox, and another friend of mine helped move the concrete cover from the culvert drain, and rescue him. He was raised on an eyedropper. (Actually I still have him. He's 8 years old, now. He is quite neurotic and has a "tic" when he is agitated, he smacks his mouth and it looks like he's chewing gum. I believe it's from the eyedropper food source from tiny kittenhood. My friends all think he's very funny.

I have a 14 year old red marble and white tabby *Sasquatch* who's mother I rescued when she was carrying him. He is the GRAND OLD MAN of the house -- and he puts up with a LOT of kitten antics... but when I go to bed at night. The space on my pillow beside my head -- is ALL HIS !!!

The 8 year old silver tip tabby mix who sometimes ACTS like he thinks he's a Bengal, too. (He's the neurotic one) is *Tiger*.

Then I have a mostly white with gray hat and tail Van cat, * Hatter * who I rescued last summer, when I discovered my 91 year old aunt was going to call animal control to come get him and his siblings. I found homes for the other 3 kittens, and spayed and re-released his mom. But I couldn't part with Hatter. He was a year old, sometime late last month. (I don't know his exact birthday - since his mom was feral.)

Also, I have a solid white medium haired cat with blue eyes *Casper* who I adopted from Save Our Strays -- to give Hatter a same age playmate. He will be 1 year sometime later this summer. He is my sweet and gentle cat, and the ONLY cat in the house who always gets along with EVERYONE else :D

I had been looking at bengals for months, before I rescued Hatter -- but was unsure how my older cats would react to such an ACTIVE house addition.

I had been bitten by the "gotta have a bengal - bug" and continued to look at sites. I started talking with Sandra Keever from Unique Prints Cattery, in Texas - - and came in a day late, on a kitten who I thought was *** PERFECT *** But she was very helpful, and gave me lots of good advice regarding what to look for -- and the questions to ask -- and the things about myself I should make sure I TELL the breeder I work with.

One of her suggestions was that I should go to a LOCAL breeder - to see the cats up close and personal, before I commit to a bengal --- lets face it they ARE different in some very exciting and sometimes surprising ways!

I checked out all the breeders in easy driving distance from where I live, and made an appointment with Carol Effinger of SuteraBengals in Birmingham, AL. I looked at her site, before I went for the appointment, and even had my son, who is in the Air Force, to check out the kittens on her site, as well. After much discussion with him, we decided on a kitten we agreed was beautiful and symmetrical in pattern (one of my son's quirks) :)

When I went to visit her cattery - I took photgraphs of all my other "fur family" for her to see, and she and I had a lengthy talk regarding the qualities I was looking for, in a bengal.
Before I left that day, I had actually PAID for the two sisters, and made arrangements to come pick up the girls, after Carol took them to her vet, to have them spayed.

My bengals are "Sutera Victoria Silk Fancidots" and "Sutera Mary Crescent Satin Fancidots" They will be one year old in June :D Carol even gave me a wonderful printout (suitable for framing) of their family tree for 5 generations!

I can't say enough nice things about Carol. I think she is wonderful. And -- the more bengal breeders I talk with -- the more I realize there are some very seriously caring people out there. And, I feel the better you know your breeder -- the more likely you will be to find the PERFECT kitten (or kittens), for your home :)

OK... that's me, and my wonderful, exciting and entertaining family.
Warm Regards,
LaVon Fabian
"fancidots"