[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Cuddly Bengal? Or Not?
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

My Bengal Is:
Very Cuddly (Lives for cuddles. Can always be counted on to enjoy being picked up and held, petted, and nearly always sleeps on laps when they are available) 16%  16%  [ 46 ]
Cuddly (Frequently allows holding, petting, and often sleeps on laps, but not always) 49%  49%  [ 137 ]
Somewhat Cuddly (Generally doesn't like to be held or petted, but occasionally will when it's on his terms. Very occasionally will sleep next to your or on a lap) 31%  31%  [ 88 ]
Cuddles, Shmuddles, I aint got time for cuddles, I'm too busy playing! 4%  4%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 281
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:16 pm 
Bengal Kitten

My Penelope is not cuddly at all. She wants to be near me and sleeps close to me. The only time she is right up next to me is for a good ear scratch or a belly rub. Now my Morgan is a whole other story! He apparently never got the memo that Bengals aren't supposed to be lap cats! I only brought them home Tuesday evening and as of last night if I am sitting he is in my lap. It's funny but with the previous owners they were the opposite. She was the more cuddly of the two.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

It's ironic how cats can be so different and I really think it stems from the particular owner. I have a neighbor's moggie cat who comes around and thrives on attention and is all over me asking for it. Totally unlike my Bengal who only comes to me for for treats, food, and getting ready for his daily walks. The rest of the time, I'm good for nothing except belly rubs. HE gets the attention and cuddles, not me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:56 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

As cats mature the alpha position can go from one to the other. Generally Grace rules my house, but lately Blondie is sitting in all Grace's preferred sitting perches and Grace is somewhere below. Grace did not allow Blondie to sleep on the bed with me and a few months ago that changed and every night Blondie sleeps by my head now. Blondie has become very attached to me and is always by my side the way she was as a kitten before Grace put a stop to it out of jealousy. I hope Grace is softening with age. I make sure to pet and brush her as often as she demands it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:57 pm 
Senior Bengal

Charlie is not cuddly, but he is the biggest lap cat going! He prefers my lap, probably because I leave him alone, whereas my husband tries to fuss him and if he just wants to sleep, he hates being messed with! Strangely though, he allows my husband to hold him, but not me!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:51 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

I can pick Raiden up for about 10 seconds and he fights to get down, although the other day, I walked him all the way around the house to come in from our walk and he was fine. Go figure!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:58 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:26 pm 
Senior Bengal

Not a lap cat? This is Charlie's favourite pose!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:54 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Magic is not a lap cat, he likes to lie beside me on the sofa, at night when I'm asleep he will stand next to me until I put one of my pillows along side me then he gets on it with his head under my chin and I put arm around him then we sleep until he gets too hot, he always has to sleep either touching me or my husband but only sleeps on my pillow

Bristol, UK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thomas hates to be picked up and refuses to sit in my lap. Other than that, he always wants to be nearby and often underfoot and loves to be petted. He will put up with hugs and secretly likes kisses. He also likes to snuggle up for naps. When I come back from medical tests he goes into hyperprotective overdrive and snuggles up against me with his entire body.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:21 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ours are cuddly enough:
Echo is OK with being picked and loves having her belly rubbed - just don't trust her when she offers her belly and attention, she can shred you to bits in an instant
Ishka hates being picked up but always comes to where we are and does the purrry "sausage" on the floor (she knows we cannot resist it!)
They are cuddly at 4 am - used to come into the bedroom and sleep nearby - lots of patting on our face and rubbing heads ... now they sleep outside for obvious reasons.
The boyfriend and I fight over who can entice each of the kitties to sit on them: trick seems to be using the hairy blanket... they fight for that spot.
If they do not come over we just grab them, poor souls, and cuddle them whether they like it or not, I think we are scarring them for life... All in all I think it should be the cats doing a poll on who is the most annoying touchy-feely human/slave/hairless-blob-who-serves-food

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Well I haven't got a Bengal so haven't voted but though I'd tell you about my two anyway!

They are both very affectionate towards me in particular. I can pretty much pick both of them up no problem and they will both immediately start purring loudly every time I approach them.

Jasper loves to be held and he will put himself over your shoulder and start kneading away ouch! I often have to prise him off me as he refuses to budge!

Oscar is much more delicate both in size and temperament and likes to be treated gently like a little baby.

I'm very lucky to have a pair of cuddly kittens :mrgreen:

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:50 pm 
Bengal Kitten

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:36 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

image.jpeg
Very old photo I think she was around 2 so 14 years ago but this was how she was whenever I was doing any work on my computer, I'm an Illustrator and Concept artist so she liked to help me lol.
Although omg the shame of those jeans but hey I was 20 then that's my excuse anyway and also the podge oh dear :lol:

I'm wondering if my little girl was strange for a female because she loved cuddles she used to come under the covers in my bed and cuddle me at night. She was similar to a ragdoll I would pick her up and she would just go limp in my arms. Or she would come over and wrap her paws around my wrist or something if I was on my iPad or laptop and she was always on my lap when I was working on my PC.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Sarah
Arya 24/04/16 - Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Griffith 16/04/16 - Silver Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Mina (in my avatar)- 1999-2016 - Seal Mink Spotted Bengal (Snow) - run free at rainbow bridge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:18 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Mika is VERY cuddly ... but always on her terms. She will always come to you and ask for pets and will sit and accept scritches and pets for EVER ... but she does not like to sit on you (just next to you) and she will NOT tolerate being picked up under any circumstances. She doesn't get violent, she just meows like you're trying to kill her and struggles to get away ... then proceeds to come back over with a little bengal chatter and ask for more pets ... :rolleyes:

I consider her to be VERY affectionate, but other people always comment on how skittish and standoffish she is. She is quite wary of strangers and is generally choosy about who she interacts with. She is always rubbing against my legs and when we are sleeping, she must always be touching me. It's pretty cute :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:00 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Out of my two new kittens both are cuddly, Arya is extremely cuddly she loves being picked up, carried around and she actively seeks out cuddles she also likes to sleep cuddled up in my arms like a teddy.

Griffith it's more on his own terms when it comes to being picked up but he does ask to be picked up and cuddled sometimes. I always find him fast asleep next to me and Arya at night but he is more about being next to me than on my lap.

- Sarah
Arya 24/04/16 - Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Griffith 16/04/16 - Silver Seal Lynx Point Rosetted Bengal
Mina (in my avatar)- 1999-2016 - Seal Mink Spotted Bengal (Snow) - run free at rainbow bridge

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next