[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - TICA register
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: TICA register
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:59 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi there, I sent in my papers for one of my Bengals months ago with the fee and never received anything in the mail. Now I am worried maybe the mail got lost?

Not sure what to do next as I have never sent in papers before for my animals but decided to go ahead this time.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: TICA register
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:14 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Nothing you can really do without contacting TICA.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:52 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

When I registered Raiden, it took about 3 weeks to get anything back. I believe it takes a little longer these days.

Here is a link to their contact page. You can call them or email them and ask.

https://www.tica.org/en/contact/executive-office Scroll down. There is a link to email regarding registrations. You will receive a TICA registration with your cat's pedigreed name, registration number and the parents and their registration numbers. If you ordered a pedigree, you will get info on the grandparents, etc. I would love to add your kitty to my bengal database when you receive the information. I currently have 106,833 records. I include the registration number of your kitty and parents' names and the F generation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks, I sent them an email. I just wasn't sure if I was supposed to get something back or if it was an online thing somewhere. if it got lost in the mail, is it possible for breeders to provide another form? Is that something that can be emailed and printed?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:57 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

You did send them the registration fee, correct? If you sent a check, you can see if it has cleared. They should respond to your email fairly quickly. I don't know how a replacement registration works. Usually, when the breeder registers the litter, that triggers the number of registrations for the breeder to hand out -- one per cat in the litter. If you find that TICA has not received your registration, ask what you need to do.They would have a record of the litter. I am hoping you made a copy of everything you sent them. That way you would have the information to give them from the registration form. These days with phone cameras, you just snap a picture or download a scanning app.

If you are in the US, the mail should get there within a few days. If you are outside the US, it can take up to 3 weeks for first-class mail to reach the US. I'm just trying to give you a time line.

You will definitely get something back from them -- your registration proving your baby is a purebred, registered bengal.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I didn't think to take a copy :( I did send the fee. The breeder lives near me, if I need info again, I would think he would have it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

The breeder would probably not have an extra registration form but may be able to get a replacement from TICA. If you sent them a check, has it cleared your bank? If so, then they received your information. However, since we are nearing Christmas, you may not hear back from them until after the new year. Many offices close between Christmas and New Years. And, you didn't state where you live -- US or outside! Mail can be very slow if it has to cross an ocean.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:27 pm 
Senior Bengal

Its 2019. Everything can be sent in digital format thru email, either using pdf, their online form or jpg screenshots, just like job applications, lol. All pdfs are editable using Adobe reader, and you can even add perfect digital signatures. If you are not familiar with digital tools, you can always learn from youtube channels online.

My breeder applied thru email with all in either pdf or jpg screenshot and I got the TICA certificate within two months.
As for CFA cert, I've applied myself using their pdf form, all done pretty quickly within one month.

We are now in Infocomm Technology era, do embrace it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Regardless, payment for the service has to be sent in separately. Might as well send it in with the form. They are not going to send you anything until they receive the money. It may be different with breeders who are members of TICA.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:13 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sherry,

They sent me a copy of the registration in my email today. I guess that means my mail made it there but whatever they might have sent did not make it back to me.

What information do you need for your database?

Edit: NVM just saw your PM, will reply there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I guess TICA is trying to save mailing costs. I wonder if they would have mailed a pedigree. Mine for Raiden came laminated. Happy you received the information and I had your baby already in my database with unknown parents. I've updated her information and she is an F10. I appreciate your sending me the info.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:00 pm 
Bengal Cat

I haven't mailed in my TICA registration yet for my new kitty Jagger, and was wondering what is the benefit of registering? He has been neutered and will be a house pet. Just curious if I should do it. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:22 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Quasar is also a neutered male. I registered him with TICA.

Originally, it was just fun to have his registration certificate to show people.

I really think it might come in handy, however, to demonstrate that your cat is not simply a hybrid cat but, in fact, a domestic feline. Some places will not allow you to possess, or travel with, a cat that is suspicious for being a wild cat, or early generation hybrid.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:11 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

There are tens of thousands unregistered purebred bengals. There are valid reasons for registration:

1. You want to sell your cat (for some unknown reason), a registration proves they are a purebred, pedigreed, registered bengal.

2. You want to travel with your pet. For example, Hawaii does not allow bengals, period. Some states require proof the bengal is at least 4 generations from the ALC. We have had members who needed to move to a different country and had no registration and were desperate to contact the breeder to get the information needed.

3. Just to have an interest in the lineage of your bengal. Some owners have none, but many do want to know the F generation -- or the ALC that is their shortest link.

Registration is not expensive but a pedigree is extra. They offer 3 and 5 generation pedigrees at different prices. Naturally, registering your bengal is totally up to you. You get to give the kitty a neat pedigreed name -- not necessarily what you call your baby, but some other name. Your baby will always have the cattery name as a prefix or suffix. That can't be changed and is on the blue registration form. But the rest is up to you. However with TICA there can be no duplication of names without the permission of the breeder, but know that every cattery has a "Simba" and "Bella," LOL. Right now, I'm looking at my database (which is always up on my screen since I work on it daily) and I see Jumanji Las Vegas, Jumanji Irreplacable Trinket, Jumani Im Too Sexy For My Spots. TICA also doesn't allow punctuation.

My bengal came from a litter of 3 but he is the only registered kitten of the three.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

For tamberav: Your baby PaintedCats Akira Sky has three ALCs that are the shortest link:

Here is a link to photos of your three: Rajah Singh, Kabuki Of Millwood, Leopole Of New Horizon.

http://www.junglebookbengals.com/alc.html

For some reason, it won't let me insert the individual photos.