It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:49 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just catching up since last week, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss, R.I.P Hestia xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hesta looked to be a lovely character. so sorry to hear she has gone xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sorry for your loss. xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:07 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Gypsie wrote:
Hesta looked to be a lovely character. so sorry to hear she has gone xxx

she was one of the best...

Thanks everyone, its been really hard coming to terms with her loss, she was one in a million, each one of our cats have their own unique personalities, Hestia was very loving, she loved the outdoors, she often made it out the door before I did, The time she jumped out the window from the upstairs bedroom was a bit of a worry, we found her chewing grass in the front garden. Hestia would allow me to put on a harness and she would come out with me, she wouldnt go far but i was well impressed with her the day we discovered that. I often sat with her in the garden.

Hestia was very warm towards the kittens, especially when she first arrived to us, she settled the first day, the kittens Mitzy and Daisy were only 5 months old, she mothered them in her own way, you often found her snuggled up with them, and grooming them. Mind you at the same time the kittens gave her hell, she wasnt really the sparring type and they often were seen 'bullying' her into a fight. She would jump up onto my knee for solitude...where she would often be seen.

Zeus, would look out for her, if she cried out he would come investigating, she often just cried to go out the front door. We couldnt eat a tuna sandwich where she was, we often would pace the floor with her following us around. Prawns...dont even mention prawns Hestia and Zeus would kill for them.

I went to the local cash and carry to buy their cat food and other items, i found myself in the sweet aisle and decided to buy myself some white chocolate mice...mmmmm my favourite, well i heard a crashing sound coming from the computer table, i went to investigate, Hestia was only munching on white mice..yes the little minx had only helped herself, hence she got to eat quite a few of them. She would kill for cheese, cheesey crisps, crab/fish sticks, KFC, we used to eat in at the restaurant..lol I believe she just prefered human food.

If we pulled up onto the drive, the first thing we noticed would be Hesty sitting on the windowsill greeting us home, she would jump down to sit on the stairs waiting for us to come home, often to try and run out. We once played a game with her, she jumped down and waited about 2 mins she made us laugh when she was seen peeping through the blinds looking for us.

Every visitor to the house was greeted by Hestia, she was everyones friend, and will be well and truely sadly missed by everyone that got to know her.

Hestia Gone but not forgotten, RIP sweet princess.
Zeus Gone but not forgotten, RIP big fella, our Nookie bear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Big hugs Michelle xxx how is Zeus coping without Hestia?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:47 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sherark wrote:
how is Zeus coping without Hestia?

He isnt really, he is constantly looking for her, walking around a little depressed, he is on the stairs when we come in, i am not sure if he is there from when we go out, or he just hears the car, we think he is waiting for Hesty to come home. He is following me around, he jumps up on my knee alot for reassurance, he never snuggled down on my knee, he was never a lapcat. He is spending alot of time with the kittens too.

edit..i will insist on calling Mitzy and Daisy kittens, they were 3yrs old in April..time to stop i thing, they are big girls now.

Hestia Gone but not forgotten, RIP sweet princess.
Zeus Gone but not forgotten, RIP big fella, our Nookie bear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:08 pm 
Senior Bengal

As Michelle has said, Zeus is quite lost at the minute (as we all are), just walking around all the time. We try to give him hugs and cuddles but he's just not interested. Mitzy and Daisey are following him aroundand trying to help him out. Hopefully he will pull himself around sooner rather than later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Bless him, he must be so confused - sending all of you lots of love and hugs xxx

Post subject: Re: Hestia RIP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:54 pm 
Senior Bengal

Zeus is finally reunited with Hestia R.I.P. big fella.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Stu wrote:
Zeus is finally reunited with Hestia R.I.P. big fella.

I am so sorry to hear that.

Just read the whole thread and it was so sad. It's devastating to lose such wonderful companions.

Thinking of you at this sad time x

RIP my sweet baby Dexter, Snow Bengal 19/5/14 to 5/3/15 and my lovely dear old friend Muskey, Brown Burmese put to rest aged 15 on 14/11/15.

Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:38 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

:sad: :sad: