It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:21 pm 
Bengal Cat

Hi I had taken in Catsby a lovely almost 3 year old bengal male from Tamsin from this topic about 10 days ago and was hoping to be able to offer him a loving home for the rest of his days. But sadly this hasnt worked out as my daughter has become very allergic to Catsby and therefore we cannot keep him. Tamsin is unable to take him back home while looking for a new home so it has been arranged for him to go to Cats Protection League on Sunday. I will find out which area he will be in and let you all know and maybe someone who loves bengals can go look at him and maybe offer him a home.
Denise xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:40 pm 
Bengal Cat

Oh I just feel I should add that it wasnt my idea to send Catsby to Cats Protection League so I dont want anyone to get the wrong idea! He is a lovely boy and I am so sad that I cannot keep him. I had taken him on a weeks trial from Tamsin but because of her personal reasons she wasnt able to take him back when things went wrong for me. I wish I knew someone who could take him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:27 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi there,

What a sad situation for you, but you do have to put your daughters health first, i just hope Catsby finds a forever home soon..

miki xx

Miki & My Beloved Bengals http://mybelovedbengals.blogspot.com/

Shiloh, Darcy, Rudy The Roodster & Ozzy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hiya, I posted this on the other thread but I'll add it here too...is there no way that Bengal Rescue can help instead of CPL? They would be better suited to the needs of a Bengal.

Bengal Cat Club Welfare Officer
Ms Anne de Berry
Pant-y-Pwll, Capel Garmon, Llanrwst, Conwy, LL26 0RG
01690 710465
Anne@indykatz.com

Ocicat & Bengal Cat Club
Welfare Midlands and North: Georgie Browning
101 Talke Road, Stoke on Trent, Staffs, ST7 2PP
(01270) 878427
Welfare South and SouthWest: Sally Ferguson
18 Aldershot Road, Guildford, Surrey GU2 6AF
(01483) 828625

There is an adults for rehoming page on the BCCGB website http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bramblewoodbe ... page_2.htm

Such a sad situation all round, I hope your daughter is ok once Catsby leaves, I hope Tamsin gets things sorted soon & I hope Catsby finds a lovely forever home x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:34 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

i agree with ren, i work closely with cpl and whilst i respect their work immensely they do not have the expertise with bengals, if anyone went into cpl looking for a pedigree they would be sent away as superficial time wasters, and also for obvious reasons they want the cats who have been there longest homing first, so catsby could be in for a long wait :( also i do believe a bengal cannot go to 'just any' home, they need understanding, the bengal rescue would be the best place for him if you can't find him a good home before sunday. i understand the allergies thing, i have very bad allergies to cats, including terrible asthma, but because i love them i use preventitive medications which help greatly.

''To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy'' - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:39 am 
Bengal Cat

Hi missiesmum have received your message and sent a reply. Thanks so much. I dont really like the idea of Catsby going to Cats Protection League either was pretty sad when I heard that. And I totally agree that he should go to someone who understands bengals. He has been pretty feisty with me and quite angry and its obvious he is confused but shame is he was settling in and its so sad I cant keep him. He is a lovely cat absolutely gorgeous (but arent all bengals!!!) and has beautiful colouring. He is brown with rosettes and lovely stripes on his legs and his spotty belly is fantastic :-). Unfortunately for my daughter we did try a few things but she is 15 and has been up and down emotionally lately and hasnt been that well and this just set her asthma off so bad. We never expected this as she was fine with my previous cats but that was over a year ago now so maybe she's just run down. But I couldnt play around with her health and she is in her exam year too so has enough stress to deal with. She was so excited about Catsby coming :-( Poor Kelly and poor Catsby. Thanks guys for the support. But ultimately Catsby isnt actually my cat so I have to do what Tamsin wants. But Im sure she would prefer a bengal lovers home too. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:35 pm 
Bengal Cat

hi again missiesmum, I have sent another message today after having spoken to Tamsin's mum. I will be around here and online on and off most of the day and definitely tonight if you want to discuss.

Regards Denise x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:21 pm 
Bengal Cat

Well today Catsby was picked up by his owner Tamsin and she took him down to London to meet up with missiesmum who is kindly looking after him until she can find him a new home. I am so grateful to her as she has saved Catsby from a sad time at Cats Protection League. Thank you so much xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:23 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Let's hope a good home can be found very soon. Hope that your daughter regains full health very soon too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:37 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That is great news, so glad Catsby doesn't have to CPL...

Miki xx

Miki & My Beloved Bengals http://mybelovedbengals.blogspot.com/

Shiloh, Darcy, Rudy The Roodster & Ozzy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:42 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Anna you are a star xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:15 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hey there

Catsby, Templeton, Mark and I arrived home safely, all a little stressed and tired from the long journey!

Catsby is well, but pretty stressed right now, the poor chap, quite understandably. We have plugged in a feliway and given him a zylkene, but any extra advice on stressed bengals would be appreciated :)
I tell you its a good job we live in a big house!

Catsy is a very handsome and big boy, but so far since he has been in we have only seen his hissing face :( I wish I could tell him its ok

''To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy'' - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:22 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Aww bless him. It sounds as if you've done the obvious things and some time for him to calm down and feel safe is what's needed. Hopefully he'll settle soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:23 pm 
Bengal Cat

Hi Anna, have just replied to your email but just in case you havent seen it then basically yes he was very hissy and growly and quite aggressive at first. I was a little taken aback at first but soon realised he was just scared and not understanding where he was. I just kept talking to him in a nice soft voice so he could see I didnt mean any harm and we gave him some space. Must admit he did eat some food fairly quickly and used his litter tray and I think he was happier once he had fed and seen we were gonna feed him! I found he settled after a couple of days. He can be a bit growly Ive noticed but he is so lovely once he settles and purrs like a train! The best advice I can give is give him space, perhaps some food and just check on him regularly and use the gentle voice. I was quite pleased with myself when he purred later that day!!! Keep us informed :-) Hope he calms down soon. Sounds like Templeton is much calmer.
Denise x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:04 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thank you Denise, thats reassuring. We have a lot of time, patience and kindness to give him and everyones support on here is wonderful, as always. he has calmed a little already x