It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:57 pm 
Bengal Kitten

We are having to part with our beautiful, affectionate Bengal boy and I need to find a loving home for him. He is nearly three years old, with all his papers, vaccinations, micro-chipped etc. Obviously I am not expecting any money for him, just an assurance that he will be cared for. He is not demanding or aggressive (but he does like to hear himself meow!) He's been raised with children and has a lovely nature.

We live near Cambridge but I will drive just about anywhere with him to ensure he has a loving new home.

Is there anyone who can help me? The horrible situation means that after over 2 and a half years we are having to find a new home asap - I don't have the luxury of waiting until a perfect situation comes along. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I'm sorry to hear this :cry:
You could contact the welfare officers of the Bengal cat club, The Bengal Cat Club of Great Britain & also the Ocicat & Bengal Cat Club, they will do all they can to help & advise you.
Also, contact his breeder, they should want to know where he goes & may well want to help you find him a home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:07 am 
Bengal Kitten

I should have said in my original post; we have contacted the breeder but they are not being very helpful at all and will not take him back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:24 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

sorry you are having to do this tamsin. hope you find somewhere awesome for your little man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:32 am 
Bengal Cat

Hi there, I am new here but have been reading the forums pages for months. I was interested to read your post. So sorry to hear you are in such a position. Before I say anything else let me say I may be interested in possibly helping you out but I need to speak to my children tonight to see if they are happy for me to proceed to more detailed discussion if you are happy with me :-) I am a 41 year old single mum, I have two children who are 7 and 15 and both love cats. I am in long term rented accomodation which does have plenty of room for a cat and I can of course give you more details by private message if you would like. I have owned many cats before but not a bengal. I have wanted to get a bengal for months but cost is an issue so I have been considering looking for a bengal that needs rehoming. I absolutely adore cats and really miss my last two. I live in Taverham, Norwich and this is not too far from you really. Please could you tell me a little more about your lovely boy and perhaps a little more info as to why you need to rehome him (you can pm me of course but if this is too personal a question please dont worry). I can guarantee your cat a loving home if we both feel this is suitable. Please feel free to contact me I shall be checking on here regularly and I will talk to my children tonight. Is there any chance of a photo? Hoping to speak to you soon, Denise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:43 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Fingers crossed for Denise & Tamsin! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Ohhhhh :D fingers crossed :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:53 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hope it works out x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:25 pm 
Bengal Cat

Hi Tamsin, I finally notice you had sent me a p.m. ! I have written a bit of a long reply but not sure if it has got to you yet so please let me know if you didnt receive it and we can go from there x Denise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:13 pm 
Bengal Cat

Hi Tamsin I have just emailed you not sure if it has got to you yet it seemed to take a long time to send it! x