[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 437: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - 2 elder ladies require a new home
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:31 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi all, new to this forum and do wish it were under better circumstances

I have been given the chance to take a new role in Central Europe and after much soul searching think it's one move too many for my beautiful girls Spotty and Caramel and will do my best to get them a comfy home in their later years.

Spotty is the eldest, born on 20/10/99 and is a brown glitter spotted little thing I have had since picking her up in Jan 2000. She has a full pedigree and is known as Admils AnJu Li on her papers. A true house cat that has been known to venture out into the garden (still not got the hang of a cat flap, unless you hold it open for her!) Quite vocal when she wants to be and really does seem to talk sense at times. Very maternal to her younger sister, often cleaning her head when offered. Massive personality who only wants attention when it suits her, and will not be easily handled without moaning (not at all nasty, just complains verbally) and very rarely knee sits but does like to snuggle up at bedtime. Not got the best cat sense and never caught anything in her life! Great with kids, from babies upwards, never tried her with any other cat than Caramel and would expect she would be rather nervous.

Caramel, Snow Marbled variety, is the adventurer of the two, initially a house cat for the first 6 years of her life due to living near a busy road. Again, full pedigree under the name of Annaric Angelica born 02/08/00, came to live with us Jan 01 as a companion for Spotty and they hit it off straight away. Since moving to the countryside she has adapted well and has been known to bring home the odd trophy now she stretched her legs now and again! Very affectionate in every sense and does demand attention, knee sitting for hours and presenting belly for attention when she really settles down. Also quite vocal but will be handled all day and night if you have the time, quite unusual for a Bengal.

I will only part with them as a pair and will ideally want to visit where they may see out their final days. The mischief left them a while back and they are both in good health, but will make great companions for whoever feels they want two lovely cats with them. Bengals never lose their individuality, my two just share it with the ones close to them.

Even typing this is killing me and have changed my mind more times than I care to remember, turning the job down once already because of my 2 girls, but I am spending more and more time away and they deserve better. Don't have many action shots of the girls but have attached sleeping beauty, Spotty, and Caramel waiting for the rain to stop before going out for a stroll

Scratch that, can't get the pictures from my phone onto this posting, will list and connect elsewhere and post from work tomorrow, hopefully spotty will wake up for some more pictures a little later

I hope there is someone out there for my two special girls, you won't regret it. Happy to scan all paperwork for them both should anyone want to see it but would rather they were taken based as pets for the odd hug and argument than there lineage.

I am based just outside Banbury, Oxfordshire and welcome anyone to come and see the girls 'in action' as it were and hope you don't mind snoring.

Thanks for taking time to read,
Peter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

What a sad tale for you to tell. I wish you all the best with finding a home for your pair. Sadly i cannot take them but i am sure there is someone out there willing to help.

I don't suppose their breeders are still breeding? If they are around still, they may be able to help you find homes for them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:58 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi there, given both of them are in their twilight years, breeders have little interest in either. They were very nice people to deal with but a litle far way, and don't really want the girls to go somewhere other than a true home they are used too.

Thanks for your kind words and fingers crossed, or I change my mind again!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:32 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I wasn't necessarily meaning they were to go to their breeders, but that their breeders may be able to advertise them on their site/ask around/etc....

There are various facebook bengal groups as well where you may be able to advertise them. There is one for older bengals, i'll see if i can find it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Shame on you!

I hope that when you get old someone throws your butt out on the street. These cats have given you many years of companionship and just because they are getting older and may soon need extra attention you now want to get rid of them.

It sucks getting old!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:31 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:38 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I agree with Kits on this one, the attack on the OP was uncalled for.

It must be such a hard decision to make after your girls have given you so much love and companionship over the years. These days getting a decent job is difficult, and I can understand that some people do have to "up sticks" and move a long way away from home, even abroad. Having just had to rehome our Benny because of behavioural issues, when you love your cat/s you have to do what is right for them, and at times that means that you have to find them a new home.

When you find the right person, you will know that you have done the right thing for your girls rather than take them to a strange home, after the upheaval of flying abroad. Younger cats may have been OK, but I feel that considering their age and the fact that you want to keep them together, you are doing the right thing for them.

Good luck with finding them a new forever home. I only wish we could take them, but with a young kitten, they would not be happy with us.

Yvette

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:39 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi Peter, I too have to agree, that the attack is unwarranted, and you should not lose hope in finding a new home for your girls. At nearly 12 and 13, they have a good many years left, and deserve the best they can - If it cannot be with you, then you are doing the absolutely right thing, by trying to protect them and find them a safe forever home. I wish I could help, but my boy is a one-cat-person-cat....and wouldn't share Mummy. Fingers crossed for a quick home for the girls, where you can get updates and perhaps visit if you did return to UK.

Jasper235 - Please READ what is posted before running off...... There is NO mention of the girls needing to be rehomed due to age - The OP has been very honest, and invited prospective forever home-givers into his house to ensure they get the right home. An apology may be nice!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:56 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:12 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

It happens pretty much like clockwork every time somebody posts to re-home their adult bengals. Yea, it's really crummy re-homing adult cats, but would you really rather the cats are kept in a house where they are not wanted and neglected?

The funny thing about this one though is that it happened almost a month after the original post, meaning that the OP probably (hopefully) has found a new home for them by now and has moved on.

--- nothing to see here... move along ---

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:41 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi all, have been away for a while and have had little luck so far in fingding a suitable home. I am relying on other sited / friens and have had some interest but have been unsuitable given other pets.

I was stunned to read to pathetic post 'shame on you' and would to thank all concerned in your kind words of support. Some so-called pet lovers want to take a long hard look in the mirrror and have a go at reading lessons, the reason for a new home has got nothing to do with their age and if you understood the Spanish view on domestic cats and high level of wild cats, moving my girls anywhere other than the UK is 100% a non starter. Their Spanish is also as poor as mine!

Have a another month or so before my current role notice period expires and will put them in a pet home if needed, as cost is not the issue.

Once again I thank you all for your support, as do the girls who continue to support me in my quest to make sure they
enjoy life as well as they do now.

If anyone can help me on how to upload pictures I would be greatfull as the Filename part of the posting screen will not let me insert anything. Have a couple of pictures to post.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:48 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PIW19 so sorry to hear you haven't yet found a suitable home for your girl. I wish you an them the best of luck!
You can put some pictures by uploading them to imageshack.us, photobucket.com, flickr, picasa or any picture hosting site and post the link here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:03 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

What news on rehoming the girls?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:24 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi all and thanks for the kind words, I have let the opportunity go working in Spain as a temporary home found with another cat simply didn't work with Spotty getting ever so stressed and becoming ill.

Have an open invitation to make contact over the role in future so nothing lost. Will stick with the old couple while they will put up with me.13 years is a long time together and another couple will do us all some good